* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

Cobra847

question: the hornet will eventually get Link 16 DL. now i know the F14A+/B didnt get that (they had Link 4 IIRC). anyone know if Link 16 was backwards compatible? would be cool to see the tomcats passing data to hornets and working together.

I believe the JTIDS radio has the ability to T/R on 4A I dont know about TADIL–C also known as 4C. the fighter to fighter TDL can be shared w 3 other aircraft.

and I would think LINK 4 and LINK 16 would be similar to the F-15C and the F-22 systems. where the F-15 is talking and the f-22 is silently listening.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701
Spelling error

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this is a 2 seater , when we will try to designate and hit a target with gbu (B variant of course) , we can do it from pilot seat or we have to move to rio seat hit the target then go back in pilot seat and fly? in single player i mean , or AI rio will be able to do it ? Thanks.

Edited by Tarabostes

I think RIO is the one with control of LANTIRN. Not sure what JESTER will be like, but you can probably ask him to designate specific targets

Thanks , this will be something that heatblur should tell us ,just to start to have some idea about this module before they release it.

I think RIO is the one with control of LANTIRN. Not sure what JESTER will be like, but you can probably ask him to designate specific targets

Correct.

The RIO is the one controlling the LANTIRN pod. The data image can be repeated onto one of the pilots up front repeaters so the pilot can release the bomb at the correct point or on the signal of the RIO.

Note: That's how it worked in reality. Not sure if HB will model that.

Correct.

The RIO is the one controlling the LANTIRN pod. The data image can be repeated onto one of the pilots up front repeaters so the pilot can release the bomb at the correct point or on the signal of the RIO.

Note: That's how it worked in reality. Not sure if HB will model that.

We're prototyping JESTER functionality for LANTIRN, hopefully the AI will be able to effectively operate the pod if we launch with LANTIRN.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're prototyping JESTER functionality for LANTIRN, hopefully the AI will be able to effectively operate the pod if we launch with LANTIRN.

Oh gosh.

Oh dear.

How would we ever be able to enjoy the Tomcat without the lantirn on launch!

:thumbup:

/sarcasm

Gosh, I wish I could put Anthony Edwards, some Heatblur bubbas, and a microphone together in a studio to record.

No offense to the guy that offered his voice to Jester AI, I'm sure its great! But man! to bring Goose back to life...

Someone get a hold of A. Edwards' agent and make that happen.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Please, don't get bogged down in the details! The Lantirn is cool and everything but if ED can release the F18 into early access with 75% of its weapon and sensor functionality missing, I think we can live without the Lantirn, or Jester knowing how to use the Lantirn on launch :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Please, don't get bogged down in the details! The Lantirn is cool and everything but if ED can release the F18 into early access with 75% of its weapon and sensor functionality missing, I think we can live without the Lantirn, or Jester knowing how to use the Lantirn on launch :)

+100000

says it all

Gosh, I wish I could put Anthony Edwards, some Heatblur bubbas, and a microphone together in a studio to record.

No offense to the guy that offered his voice to Jester AI, I'm sure its great! But man! to bring Goose back to life...

Someone get a hold of A. Edwards' agent and make that happen.

Should´nt it then actually be Michael Ironsight narrating the JESTERAI lines...if one wants to be correct of course (obviously kidding)

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I couldn't agree more!! Even in it's current state the F-18 is still a blast!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

yeah release it like f-18 no problem here

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Agree !

The Tomcat already has a ton of other features to keep the fans busy.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Release to EA. As long as I can sweep the wings and buzz the tower i am fine with it ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Release to EA. As long as I can sweep the wings and buzz the tower i am fine with it ;)

Negative GhostRider, the pattern is full.

LOL. weak, but you left yourself wide open! :D:pilotfly:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The 18 is fine, but there's nothing like bringing one these back on the boat...

VF21-205%20CAW14%201985.08%20CV-64.jpg

There's nothing like it PERIOD. I'd be just as happy if HB had never even announced a carrier to go with it.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

:thumbup:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that'd actually be cool! (we haven't seen it with any other aircraft radar yet though) Like "if player xyz chaff, display on client radar screen IF player radar is scanning player xyz" (pseudo code) Be sure to post that in the wishlist, please, Beamscanner! (here https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=438 )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

HB team,

Will your simulation of the AWG-9 display chaff returns in Pulse Search on the DDD? Or does the DCS engine not support it?

In theory yes, but in practice the chaff objects seem to disappear really quickly (within 2 seconds or so). I have not followed up on this further yet, but it's on my radar list. I'm not sure whether they simply cease existing in the engine along with the 3D object manifestation, or whether something else is going on. IRL chaff is supposed to hang around for a very very long time (many minutes or hours, from what I've been told, and even multiple minutes at sea level when launched from a ship), I would have hoped in DCS it would at the very least live for 30 or 60 seconds. The Viggen radar code also shows chaff objects in theory.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could try not attempting to show the 3D object argumentation of it but when it recognizes the chaff event being triggered, but it wouldn't follow a greater accuracy of tracking it. By then, you wouldn't have random chaff signals appearing on your AWG-9.

Well, from my understanding chaff is basically a load of fibers just floating in the wind...it should stay airborne and fairly concentrated for several minutes.

:S

Yeah, but remember that you're flying away from it and that the chaff does have somewhat of a drag that does slowly make them get farther away. The issue is making it stay long enough on your RWR if the idea is to get angles by scanning from the hot metal shards it spews.