DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Any word on getting SRS to work when using auto start in MP?

Edited by DERacing
Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

So recently my friend and I were playing a mission together in the F-14 and we wanted to use SRS. We connected to the same SRS server of some other multiplayer server, say the 104th Phoenix SRS server for example. But we couldn't hear each other, even though we were both hearing the radio effects every time we keyed the mic

Do we have to set up our own radio server or can we connect to one thats being used on a completely different game server?

So recently my friend and I were playing a mission together in the F-14 and we wanted to use SRS. We connected to the same SRS server of some other multiplayer server, say the 104th Phoenix SRS server for example. But we couldn't hear each other, even though we were both hearing the radio effects every time we keyed the mic

Do we have to set up our own radio server or can we connect to one thats being used on a completely different game server?

Most of those servers are not using Easy comms so you will have to tune your radios to same frequency.

Most of those servers are not using Easy comms so you will have to tune your radios to same frequency.

no what i meant was if me and a friend play a mission on our own and we wanna use srs do we have to make our own SRS server?

or can we "piggyback" off of another SRS server because i have been able to connect to say, the buddyspike SRS server and talk to people even tho im not in the buddyspike game server

Haven't tested with the Tomcat, but generally speaking I'm pretty sure you could use any SRS server you want while flying on a completely different DCS server.

no what i meant was if me and a friend play a mission on our own and we wanna use srs do we have to make our own SRS server?

or can we "piggyback" off of another SRS server because i have been able to connect to say, the buddyspike SRS server and talk to people even tho im not in the buddyspike game server

Yes, as far as I know, you can both be playing SP instant action as long as you're SRS gets your "in game position" and you are on same SRS server. Just use a separate channel so ppl listening won't be confused :-P

A part of NOSIG

Do i need to restart dcs when starting a new mission with a different plane to connect srs radio? As keep getting No Radio Connected when i started a new mission.

Cheers

Simple radio doesn't seem to disconnect from a server when you do. If you manually hit the disconnect button, the next time you enter a server with SRS it will reconnect to the new server (assuming they have autoconnect enabled).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600, Vega64 @1080p

Created a dedicated DCS Server which seems to be running ok.

Tried to set up a SRS server so that when anyone joins the game they are automatically logged into the SRS server (provided there running the SRS client).

Created the following folders called Scrips & Hooks

Path to folders = C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks

Created file DCS-SRS_AutoConnectGameGUI.lua in above folder with the following line

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "my.ip:5002" -- jezzers dcs server (used my real ip address and tried without the port)

Started SRS Server

Started DCS Server

When connecting to server I do not get autmatically connected to the SRS server, however if I join a server which has this feature my SRS client gets connected automatically, but when connecting to my server no such luck. Looked at logs from DCS & SRS but don't see anything obvious.

I can however connect manually to the SRS server with both local and real ip's

I've missed something somewhere but after searching and googling I have not yet found an answer.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Cheers

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro

Created a dedicated DCS Server which seems to be running ok.

Tried to set up a SRS server so that when anyone joins the game they are automatically logged into the SRS server (provided there running the SRS client).

Created the following folders called Scrips & Hooks

Path to folders = C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks

Created file DCS-SRS_AutoConnectGameGUI.lua in above folder with the following line

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "my.ip:5002" -- jezzers dcs server (used my real ip address and tried without the port)

Started SRS Server

Started DCS Server

When connecting to server I do not get autmatically connected to the SRS server, however if I join a server which has this feature my SRS client gets connected automatically, but when connecting to my server no such luck. Looked at logs from DCS & SRS but don't see anything obvious.

I can however connect manually to the SRS server with both local and real ip's

I've missed something somewhere but after searching and googling I have not yet found an answer.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Cheers

use the C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua

and copy that into C:\Users\August Young\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

make sure your ports are forwarded and firewall open

use the C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua

and copy that into C:\Users\August Young\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

make sure your ports are forwarded and firewall open

Brilliant that did it, working fine now :)

Many thanks.

Cheers

J

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro

Is it possible to create preset channels as a EAM client ? If yes, how ?

I see the channel drop down but it is unpopulated.

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Anyone have any issue getting SRS to work with the F5?

I have no issues with F14, F18, Mirage but the F5 seems to key the radio and locks it on. I have no mic clicks etc once this happens.

Any thoughts?

cheers

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

This has probably been answered loads of times, but is there a way for me to only have the radio keys in DCS bound, and none in SRS? I'm kind of annoyed by the way it works in the Huey for example, and how the radio 3 (which doesn't exist in the Harrier as far as I know) bind in SRS keys radio two, for keys I want to use for other purposes. Is this possible to avoid?

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.