Litening II

BioZ

agreed. This extends to the mavericks too. Its way too clear in DCS

DCS doesn't model atmosphere ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there any symbology difference in FLIR page between ATFLIR and Litening?

Regarding the image sharpness, TGP.lua in the Hornet folder does define so far a sharpness value

ir_sharpness    = 0.0002 -- sharpness of TGP IR image, Float - 0...1.

There were good reasons for that. They weren't off the shelf 8086's they were rad hardened versions with a bit more redundancy. And really if you can write "efficient code" 8086's can do alot.

Nuclear power plants also use outdated hardware and software, the idea being that every little quirk of that particular CPU, hardware component or software is known and accounted for, so there is no risk of the system crashing under any circumstance (and even then, every system has double or triple redundancy).

If I may hazard a guess, I think that the same logic is used in a lot of military applications.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Nuclear power plants also use outdated hardware and software, the idea being that every little quirk of that particular CPU, hardware component or software is known and accounted for, so there is no risk of the system crashing under any circumstance (and even then, every system has double or triple redundancy).

If I may hazard a guess, I think that the same logic is used in a lot of military applications.

Dont forget issues like the recent Huawei stuff too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think he was just making a joke.

I said DCS makes the maverick image too clear. I should have said DCS gives the maverick too much resolution.

Nope no joke. As the other guy said there are a ton of at atmospehric factors that effect EO sensor performance, especially at long range. And im reasonably sure DCS doesny model most of them.