First Outing in the MiG-15bis!

shadepiece

Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

Enjoy, she's a great bird!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Really good, especially for first time since you scored multiple sabre kills.

although i think you may have had easier time kill them if you uncaged the gyro sight ;)

really helps in maneuvering shots, although its no lead computing gunsight

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Not a chance!! The gyros always throw me off!! I'm not sure why, but I've just never felt comfortable behind one. I need to have a fixed reference to fly off of when in that situation or else I just second guess myself too much. Too many years behind a prop and static sight for me to adjust!

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

On paper, the F-86 and MiG-15 have very similar performance. But as modeled in DCS World, they fly very differently. I love dissimilar aircraft. It is fun to fly the same exact mission from both sides' cockpits. The MiG-15bis should be the superior aircraft, particularly due to its thrust-to-weight, but the ease with which the Sabre responds to control inputs makes it a lot easier to point at the enemy in a dogfight. I can win with either one, but I have an easier time flying the Sabre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.

Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.

Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.

Yeah true, and I am kinda the same as the Tomcat is as modern as I will probably go as I prefer the cold war stuff. But like you say they are very good trainer aircraft to learn other things.

Modern stuff is too much about operating systems. xxxx different missiles, radar driven, heat seekers, monitors and stuff that moves the pilot from being just a damn pilot. Korea was perfect time in history. Where you got best pilot experience of WW2 into jets. Best from both worlds.

My first jet was MiG-21 and thats too modern for me.

mag.iur.

I think the MiG-21 and the F-5 are an awesome matchup! So is the 15 and the 86 though too! Anything more modern than that starts to get a bit out of my comfort zone.

• 4 months later...

I love them all. A kickstarter person here for the original WWII push. Currently the Dora is my fav of the WWII era, and I love the Sabre. Like others, I wonder why the earlier aircraft aren't as popular . . . but . . .

If you like ground pounding, the A-10C is something you need to look at, and give all the systems a try. Despite the fact she has a steep learning curve, and multiple systems to master, she is still a "danger close" aircraft, and can be unforgiving if not handled right, like many WWII or 50s aircraft. In my mind, the best of all worlds. Other than an all out dogfighter, she is a blast in the CAS role, and I have managed to shoot down other enemy aircraft with her in Air to Air mode . . . which always surprises folks.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 6 months later...
Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.

I know this is an old post, but man, I love this plane. I was just flying it around online this evening, and thinking this exact thing. Why isn't this the most popular plane in the DCS stable?

It's become my favorite by far. Just fantastic and fun to fly.

• Like 1