Mig 15bis English Manual

f86enthusiast

I was following the startup procedures in the manual step by step and made the following observations along the way:

Page 197 - Engine operation Check - at max. RPM isolating valve should be opened to check RPM drop, but no instruction to close it again (should it stay open?)

Page 199 - Check Airbrakes - they are to be extended, but no instruction to close them again

Page 200 - Remove wheel chocks command will be refused by the crew since we still have 8000 RPM set on page 197 (Hydraulic system check)

Page 201 - On takeoff the throttle should be advanced to "takeoff value". What is the value? Full throttle?

The startup procedure does not mention Pitot heating switch at all. (Is it necessary to switch it on? If I keep it on while standing on the ground, will, the tube melt?)

And finally I am completely missing info when to turn on/off the lights (positional, landing) - we are turning the landing light off at page 213, but never turning it on.

Not that these observations are critical, one can usually guess what to do, but it would be nice to have it written down.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a translation issue, but description of sideslip indicator on page 56 sounds reversed. The ball of inclinometer follows the tail of the aircraft. So, for example, if it's on the left, then the left side of the fuselage is subjected to the flow, not the right one, as the wording in the manual suggests.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Might be a translation issue, but description of sideslip indicator on page 56 sounds reversed. The ball of inclinometer follows the tail of the aircraft. So, for example, if it's on the left, then the left side of the fuselage is subjected to the flow, not the right one, as the wording in the manual suggests.

We will look, thanks

• 7 months later...

I have question in the Wings of the Red Star series in the latter part said that the speed was limited by the automatic deployment of speed brake. Is that on this version and what is the speed that it is deployed.

Edited by VIKBELL
grammar.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 1 month later...

Besides the points I have mentioned earlier, the mission editor now does not allow to setup those 3 near NDB presets anymore (this should be closer to the real thing - thumbs up).

The manual has to be updated accordingly - starting at the bottom of page 181 and continuing through page 182.

• 2 years later...
Besides the points I have mentioned earlier, the mission editor now does not allow to setup those 3 near NDB presets anymore (this should be closer to the real thing - thumbs up).

The manual has to be updated accordingly - starting at the bottom of page 181 and continuing through page 182.

And still not fixed, i just buy the MiG last week and follow the manual and think it was a bug, but here in the forum point me to the post that explain about the new (and more real) way to use NDB 1-3 switches

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]