Custum Skin visible in multiplayer

MrZweig

Moin

and Hi..

Excuse me for posting a new thread.

I found 1 or 2 posts about that theme but unfortunately can't find a solution.

My Question(s):

Is it possible, no matter how difficult, to make custom skins visible to others?

( eg a downloaded or created skin for Mirage M2000C)

No matter how I try,

I'm able to see my own custom skins, others not.

We are running dedicated servers

(forbidden to make advertise?)

• -= Online Aerobatics Germany =- FreeFlight
  • Caucasus dedicated 45 Slots
  • 82.220.20.214:10308

• -= Online Aerobatics Germany =-
  • Nevada dedicated 45 Slots
  • 82.220.20.212:10308

and want everyone who play on our server to see our "squadron" skins.

I tried:

pasting the skins in /CoreMods/...., /Bazar/Liveries.., /saved games/Liveries... on both. ( my PC and the server)

What works:

Copying the skin on my /saved games/.../Liveries directionary and copying it in the same folder of my friends PC. Then he can see that skin. But i want that every one on our servers is able to see.

If it's possible, please explain me how.

Thanks in advance

MrZweig:thumbup:

and sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

MrZweig - Germany - = vJAG = - -= Online Aerobatics Germany =- FreeFlight - 45 Slots - dedicated

Caucasus - 82.220.20.214:10308

Nevada - 82.220.20.212:10308

http://online-aerobatics-germany.de - www.forum.online-aerobatics-germany.de - TS adress: Online Aerobatics Germany - IP: 82.220.20.214

Thanks for your fast replies.

Isn't there no other possibility???

I don't think that anybody would like to download my skins first and then restarting his game so he can see my skin

MrZweig - Germany - = vJAG = - -= Online Aerobatics Germany =- FreeFlight - 45 Slots - dedicated

Caucasus - 82.220.20.214:10308

Nevada - 82.220.20.212:10308

http://online-aerobatics-germany.de - www.forum.online-aerobatics-germany.de - TS adress: Online Aerobatics Germany - IP: 82.220.20.214

• 2 months later...

Technically, the server does not HAVE to have the skin, but is helpful in order for all that do have the skin to see it under all conditions. THE most important factor is that each client that wants to see the skin has it.

IF each client has the skin and they are all on the server at the same time when the a/c with the skin initially loads, the skin will be seen whether the server has it or not. IF another client with the skin comes on later AFTER the person with it is already in the aircraft, he will NOT see the skin IF it is not on the server as well.

May seem like a minor distinction, but it depends on the type of online activity you do. Still, yes, it is better that all parties involved, including the server, have the custom skin installed.

• 1 year later...
I wonder if something like trading paint for iracing could be made for DCS.

I'm bumping this. It went dead but still quite a valid opportunity. Trading paint is very, very useful.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

• 3 months later...
I am secretly very happy that I do not have to download 1gb of other peoples anime skins.

OFC users has final choice, but I think a kind of "mod&skin" download prompt when you try to join a server could be nice addition to DCS :thumbup:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 weeks later...