Joystick not recognized as USB device

I'm having issues with my Thrustmaster Throttle. Occasionally, when I unplug the throttle and plug it back into a USB, the USB doesn't recognize it. If I plug it into a new USB port the computer seems to recognize it again as a Thrustmaster throttle (instead of unrecognized USB device). Its a problem I've noticed before, but I didn't think much of it since it has only happened occasionally.

But now... I am running out of USB ports, and do not know how to reset them so that they can recognize the throttle.

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a solution?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Look into the DEVCON tool.

You can make yourself a script to virtually delete and reconnect a device without actually doing it physically.

For the TM warthog for instance, the command is (if the devcon.exe is on your desktop) :

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop\devcon.exe restart "USB\VID_044F&PID_040*"

This restarts all the USB devices from Vendor 044F (Thrustmaster) with product ID 040 something (2 is joystick, 4 is throttle).

To download DEVCON : http://www.itworks.sk/storage/devcon.zip

It is a Microsoft tool, so no worries :)

As for finding the right VID and PID of your devices, use Windows' device manager.

That *should* take care of your problem.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

usbdeview is also a good tool.

it allows you to delete ALL obsolete USB entries in DeviceManager, connected or non-connected.

Freeeware iirc...good tool

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X