F29 Retliator DOS mode

Coxy_99

Never got involved in that one. My first sim was either F-15 Strike Eagle II or A-10 Tank Killer. Not sure which I bought first. But I definitely didn't play either of them at a young age--a younger age, yes. A young age, no. That was simply the time, when I developed an interest in flight simulation.

These were followed by Fleet Defender, Falcon 3.0, Flight Unlimited, Fly!, MS Flight Simulator in its various iterations, and ED's Su-27 Flanker among others in those earlier days.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Nope, never tried that one, but I almost wore my Amiga out with F-18 Interceptor :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

i must of been 7 or 8 when i played this lol

I wish PCs had existed when I was 7 or 8. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Boy..... You ARE OLD! :megalol:

Wait a minute..........

So am I!

Dam! :D

Remembering this kinda fondly.

I loved CFS2

Carriers!

WW II!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

You are all youngsters! I played all of the above. My first "combat" flight sim was "Aviator" on the BBC Micro. Which was allegedly a Spitfire sim.

Strangely I remember the graphics on all of these games as being much better than they appear now!

F-16 Combat Pilot was a fave.

Edited by Lordzarj

my first flight sim was f19 stealth fighter... from 1988.

which quickly became f117 stealth fighter2 after the first gulf war and the f117 was no longer "top secret"

so good its still available on steam..

but really you have to blame original elite for making me want to fly things with cockpits in 3d spaces.

all hail the BBC micro.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Did someone say F-29 Retaliator? I was visiting my folks and found the old game sitting on the shelf. :D

rswnjIw.jpg

8nBs8Nq.jpg

bFoxrS4.jpg

Edit: The price tag on the box says 390 Finnish marks. If you take inflation into account, 390 mk in 1991 would be around 97 euros (or $115) in today's currency. Games were expensive back then.

Edited by Retu81