Best trainer for wife?

colyoap

Used to be, real-life, guys trained on prop jobs first. Maybe that has changed.

Not ~1800 hp. ones renowned for being tricky to take off & land! Militaries still use prop aircraft during fighter pilot training, but these modern prop trainers are much easier to fly than the high-powered WWII fighters were (and are).

Just an update guys:

Firstly thanks for all the responses, I definitely wasn't expecting so much input lol! I went with the A-10c to train her on based on the many pro-hog responses and the fact that I already own and have a fairly good understanding of the module. Today was lesson 1 with flight fundamentals and avionics 101. She's pretty good at the startup checklist and taxing, but........ takeoff will need a little more work haha, after about 100' she tends to overcorrect on the rudder and "pirouette" on a wingtip.

BTW I instead bought the sa342 for myself, love it! Took a little bit to get a feel for such a light copter after being used to the huey but I really like it, Highly recommend!

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Just an update guys:

Firstly thanks for all the responses, I definitely wasn't expecting so much input lol! I went with the A-10c to train her on based on the many pro-hog responses and the fact that I already own and have a fairly good understanding of the module. Today was lesson 1 with flight fundamentals and avionics 101. She's pretty good at the startup checklist and taxing, but........ takeoff will need a little more work haha, after about 100' she tends to overcorrect on the rudder and "pirouette" on a wingtip.

Thats nice ! :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

takeoff will need a little more work haha, after about 100' she tends to overcorrect on the rudder and "pirouette" on a wingtip.

You're making sure she turns off nosewheel steering before throttling up for takeoff, right?

NWS is being switched off around 70knots as per the manual, is that wrong?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

It's been a year or so since I took off in the A-10, but I seem to recall it being much easier to take off without the nosewheel steering. Maybe have it on for the first few yards of the takeoff roll, but I wouldn't leave it on until 70 knots. Just make sure she doesn't touch the pedals until the nosewheel steering is off, anyway.