Operation Sochi - multiplayer air and ground operation

Hi,

The blue coalition is executing a ground offensive to occupy the Sochi AFB and several surrounding areas.

Full mission briefing and files (including a large scale map of the area) at:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2815298/

Minimum roles required: a Tactical commander on the Blue coalition

Available roles, Blue coalition:

x4 Tactical commanders

x4 A-10C's

x4 SU-25T's

x2 KA-50's

x4 F-15C's

x2 M-2000C's

Available roles, Red coalition:

x4 SU-25T's

x2 KA-50's

Note: When there are less than x2 active F-15C's in the Blue coalition (flight "Eagle") - enemy air opposition will be limited to attack helicopters.

Once two or more of aircraft of flight "Eagle" are airborne and heading to the area of operation - enemy air opposition will be increased (CAP flights as well as ground attack and SEAD flights)

The level of opposition is flexible and will scale-down when the blue interceptors are either shot down or leaving the area

* The mission utilizes MIST - thanks Grimes!

* Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have fun,

Assaf.

b2.thumb.jpg.b6604e8bbcb470b8dd84b5437afc60e5.jpg

403991470_Sochiminimized0.1forbriefing.thumb.jpg.a51013f64b3f9191744d8818a3dfd5ad.jpg

Our wing tried it last night, just three people but we had a blast! Sue, without SEAD the A10's were wingclipped but finally I got tanks into the area and they made short work of the SAM site but then came the other suprise!

I won't spoil it but we had good fun. One thing of note, we're still on 1.5.6 so briefing for tactical commander didn't work, that should be fixed in the new version.

We're looking to running this mission again but with a full complement of our wing to have most, if not all, the slots filled.

Thanks for the mission!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

wow, just wow!

we just ran this for a casual event, one GFC/JTAC and 2-ship A10-C. Was super fun and the mission seems very very very well designed!

We will definitely run this as a large scale event withing the 132nd on a casual mission night and report back. So far all triggers and scripts in the mission seemed to fire correctly.

Very good work Sir, thank you so much!

Hi Loony & Entropy,

Many thanks for the kind words, appreciate it and glad you guys had fun with the mission.

A small tip: if there're no SEAD flights available, try using the A-10C's for pinpointing the SAM sites from a safe distance and give the position to the tactical commander. Using the Paladin and MLRS batteries, the TC can then take the SAM site out of action (a sight to behold using the TGP, by the way :devil_2: )

Thanks again for the kind words & Have fun!

Assaf.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Assaf!

The 355th ran a lightly modified version of this op for our squad night event last Sunday with 3 F-15 pilots, 4 A-10 pilots, 2 KA-50 pilots, 2 UH-1H pilots, a Frogfoot and a TC. We were able to successfully complete all objectives in ~3 hours.

The WX presents a nice challenge, but not an insurmountable one. We had a ton of fun and will probably be adding this to our regular stable of ops. All the movement made the region feel very much alive. Had a very memorable moment early on where I ID'd a stationary Shilka, then switched to the F10 map to move some units around. Issued my orders, popped the binos back up and.....which way did he go, George? :lol:

The 132nd will run this mission on september 13th with the wing and other interested parties. I'm making a detailed briefing which I intend to share with the mission maker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hi Assaf!

The 355th ran a lightly modified version of this op for our squad night event last Sunday with 3 F-15 pilots, 4 A-10 pilots, 2 KA-50 pilots, 2 UH-1H pilots, a Frogfoot and a TC. We were able to successfully complete all objectives in ~3 hours.

The WX presents a nice challenge, but not an insurmountable one. We had a ton of fun and will probably be adding this to our regular stable of ops. All the movement made the region feel very much alive. Had a very memorable moment early on where I ID'd a stationary Shilka, then switched to the F10 map to move some units around. Issued my orders, popped the binos back up and.....which way did he go, George? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback feefofum, glad to hear you guys had a good time!

I've tried to introduce as many randomization factors as I could (difficult due to a very - very - limited scripting skill:cry:) this means that each time the mission is ran, enemy deployments should be somewhat different (both ground and air units) so some of the tension/ challange will hopefully be maintained.

Cheers,

Assaf.

I tried your Mission but it Lags too much, i never had this kind of problems.

Maybe it'S because of a lot of scripts and triggers ? I had to remove fog,clouds, civ traffic and set the game to "Low" to play "as usual.

Very good job anyway :D

Hi,

The mission doesn't use all that many triggers and script-functions, but indeed there are quite a few ground units driving around, so I guess this _could_ be an issue. Having said that, whenever the mission was ran on our community server we didn't notice any problems.

I'm not at all as experienced as some other folks here with regarding to the system requirements of "heavy" missions (and what constitutes a "heavy" mission in the first place) but perhaps someone else here could shed some light on this issue.

Thanks for the feedback!

Assaf.

If anybody wants to join as a red SU25T and/or KA50 in our upcoming event on the 13th of September, please send me a PM on the forum.

There are slots for 2 x KA50's, 4 x SU25T and a tactical commander.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]