ILS: synthetic RWY overly on the HUD is missing

wernst

in ILS landing mode the synthetic RWY overly on the HUD is missing. The normal CDI display is ok.

In the mission editor I have set the last INS waypoint as to the beginning of the RWY.

I have followed exactly chucks guide and the detailed youtube tutorial of "creative fun".

Am I missing anything?

Edited by wernst
issue solved

Set the last WP as landing, and make sure the airfield you are landing at, has ILS.

Worked for me the other day in 1.57.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

It has to be set as a "landing" waypoint. You should see the waypoint icon snap to the center of the airfield.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

It actually doesn't have to be set to the center of the runway. Just set to landing and it will snap to the center of the nearest runway automatically.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

It actually doesn't have to be set to the center of the runway. Just set to landing and it will snap to the center of the nearest runway automatically.

Now I know what „snap“ means and how snapping works. It’s easier than I thought.

But “airport landing snapping” works for entering a landing airport in the mission editor only, or?

This remains the question: How to enter a landing airport to the INS?

Of course, I can enter the coordinates of the airport as WYPT to the INS. Fine. But how can I tell the INS computer that this WYPT is for landing?

Only when the WYPT has been defined as "landing" the synthetic RWY overlay appears on the HUD, or?

Now I know what „snap“ means and how snapping works. It’s easier than I thought.

But “airport landing snapping” works for entering a landing airport in the mission editor only, or?

This remains the question: How to enter a landing airport to the INS?

Of course, I can enter the coordinates of the airport as WYPT to the INS. Fine. But how can I tell the INS computer that this WYPT is for landing?

Only when the WYPT has been defined as "landing" the synthetic RWY overlay appears on the HUD, or?

For the moment you can't have the synthetic runway from a waypoint created in the aircraft, it's a missing feature.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

"XYZ is missing" - one and the same question every month or two.

Why the pinned topic "M2000 missing features list" is not exist after 4 months since module release?

I simple forum search would answer those questions, but it looks like people don't know it exist.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 year later...
Yes, thanks, works now. WPT has to be "LANDING" type.

This is a joke. It's an imaginary way and not how this works in the real Mirage. Why RAZBAM do not develop this functionality properly? Landing waypoint... mission editor... Come on, seriously? A pilot should be able to program this from the cockpit without any DCS toy landing waypoints and mission editors.