--> * Quarter 3 BO-105 update * <-- - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #31
Hammer_nine_seven

Reputation power: 2
Hammer_nine_seven has a spectacular aura aboutHammer_nine_seven has a spectacular aura aboutHammer_nine_seven has a spectacular aura about

I would say Rainer is one of the best pilots you can get to test your product. It could be a nice label for the BO „proved by Rainer“. And for sure he started his career as an army pilot.
On the other hand, it coudn‘t be to difficult to get some real good information about the FM, I know that the German Aerospace Center did a lot of research based on the BO. There should be many scientific papers available, dealing with the rotordynamics. Because pilots can give you only an intuitive feedback of the actual behavior.
Hammer_nine_seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 AM   #32
Gunnars Driver

Reputation power: 0
Gunnars Driver will become famous soon enoughGunnars Driver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
That's an interesting behaviour. Did Wilke learn to fly the Bo-105 at RedBull or was he an army pilot or something like that before?

He flew a lot of thousands of hours in the German Army aviation.
I met him in the '90:s when he performed aerobatics with the Bo105 at my home base.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #33
David OC

Reputation power: 10
David OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really niceDavid OC is just really nice

I'm sure Rainer Wilke would be keen to see a very accurate Bo-105 sim, cheaper to practice with. Would be awesome to set him up to fly the Bo-105 similar to Heatblur Simulations F14 trip, imagine him flying his stunt routine, great promo vid right there.

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #34
Pilot Ike

Reputation power: 3
Pilot Ike will become famous soon enoughPilot Ike will become famous soon enough

I remember Rainer Wilke also supported the training missions for the old helicopter simulator "Das Hexagon Kartell". Some of the voice-overs in training were also provided by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMrsZ_W_0w
Rainer Wilke appears at 6:35
Pilot Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #35
EagleEye
ED Translator

Reputation power: 30
EagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of light

Nice find Pilot Ike!

Spoiler:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|PALIT GTX970|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #36
Pilot Ike

Pilot Ike will become famous soon enoughPilot Ike will become famous soon enough

https://youtu.be/sHhflBB_VpA
Some nice flying by Rainer Wilke back in his old Heeresflieger days (Heeresflieger= German Army Aviation)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #37
Robert31178

Robert31178 will become famous soon enoughRobert31178 will become famous soon enough

So was this a strengthened up special heli or was it a line bird??.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:32 PM   #38
Pilot Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert31178 View Post
So was this a strengthened up special heli or was it a line bird??.
AFAIK there were no beefed up Bo-105 in the German Army; this was the off-the-shelf helicopter!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:36 PM   #39
WhiskyDelta

Reputation power: 0
WhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really niceWhiskyDelta is just really nice

IIRC there was no special strengthend Bo-105. But AFAIK the bird was stripped off all unenecassary equipment and therefore it was quite light. Furthermore, after those aerobatic flights, there were some extensive maintenance checks required. Unfortunately I‘ve got no source for this... just a hearing several years ago

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
WhiskyDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:33 AM   #40
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 58
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyDelta View Post
Furthermore, after those aerobatic flights, there were some extensive maintenance checks required. Unfortunately I‘ve got no source for this... just a hearing several years ago
Well, I heard the same thing from the guys who did perform said maintenance at the Heeresflieger Waffenschule in Bückeburg, when I did a two week internship during High School, so I'd say your information is pretty spot-on.

Last edited by Yurgon; 11-16-2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote