Huge FPS drop in 2.0 when Mig-21 are close to each other - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #31
Ovenmit

Reputation power: 9
Ovenmit has a spectacular aura aboutOvenmit has a spectacular aura aboutOvenmit has a spectacular aura about

yes please fix... note this is also happening in 1.5 (even though the thread title was for 2.0)
Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 AM   #32
zafgev

Reputation power: 0
zafgev is on a distinguished road
Default Planes grounded

Couple of us wanted to look into flying the Mig21 as a formation team. So last night on the AO 1.5x we tried flying close formation. Most of us fly using VR. This problem cropped up as soon as we get close (a few meters) - frame rates drop to below 15's in VIVE and Oculus. So basically unflyable in formation. Its a great pity though as this would be a great addition to the formation flying fraternity which is gaining momentum. But until this is solved the planes are grounded
zafgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #33
-Rudel-
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 17
-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light-Rudel- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th_Reaper View Post
The reason of the fps drop is located in the collision model, so Magnitude please fix it!

I tested it and when i renamed the mig-21-collision.edm to mig-21-collision.edm.bak, the problem was disappeared. But this method is not solve the problem, because in that case you can't start from the ground and of course you haven't collision model...

Interesting observation. I'd like others to try this method and report back.

i7 4960X, 128GB Ram, SLI GTX Titan Xp, Win 10pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD RAID 1, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller
Change your screenshot location with symbolic link!
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...07&postcount=5
-Rudel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #34
Ovenmit

Reputation power: 9
Ovenmit has a spectacular aura aboutOvenmit has a spectacular aura aboutOvenmit has a spectacular aura about

No word on this? Its a pretty critical bug. No indication of work on bug tracker either.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #35
watermanpc

Reputation power: 15
watermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of light

no signals of life at all...
-ULTRA Weathered F-5 skin here
-Increased Heat Blur distance and quality here
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote