2.1 update - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #21
Kelevra9987

Reputation power: 8
Kelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really niceKelevra9987 is just really nice

Yeah ground effect is definitly there. It threw my rooftop landings off yesterday. And even the sound bug is gone as far as I can tell. Now only the Z-Fighting when the lights are on is bothering me.

Finally I can fly my Gazelle again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red
Kelevra9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #22
FragBum

Reputation power: 3
FragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Actually the FM seems to take ground effect into account,..
Yes the Gazelle feels great in IGE and OGE waiting for more goodies in the FM.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #23
Redglyph

Reputation power: 7
Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

So seems like the opinions are very divided.

Except from the IGE (and sometimes I'm wondering if I had not imagined it), it's still completely uncontrollable to me in a level flight, and the trim doesn't work as before:
- trim switch is ignored
- the slightest touch on trim makes a very large difference, it seems like all-or-nothing actually
- nose up and down are reversed

Though this depends on whether I use cold or hot start, with hot start it's slightly more controllable. I don't think I missed anything in the startup procedure, but the manual is not yet written for that part so...

All that is fine in 1.5.7.

Is there something very obvious that could explain the difference?
Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #24
Gizzy

Gizzy will become famous soon enoughGizzy will become famous soon enoughGizzy will become famous soon enough

If your mappings are good then an obvious place to check is DCS main menu, MISC / Force feedback. Make sure it is NOT selected.... unless using FBB of course. The Gazelle is as expected in 2.1xx for me...
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #25
docWilly

Reputation power: 2
docWilly will become famous soon enoughdocWilly will become famous soon enough

Trim an magnetic brake worke fine here (2.1 and 1.5), at least for nose up/down. What I don´t get to work in a matter I would expect to act is "lateral" trim (yaw): trim indicator on control panel moves, helicopter reacts first but then returns back to original attitude (control panel indicator still shows left/right trim).

Level flight is fine (using magnetic brake plus trim), IGE/OGE is present not only in my imagination.

I believe that the FM is going in the right direction (just guts feeling, no RL experience)

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, Gazelle, KA 50 DCS 1.5/2.5
docWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #26
Redglyph

Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys.

Well, I don't understand, I checked again the start procedure, nothing is missing. I'm not using simplified controls, the FFB is not used (but then it would just be ignored by my joystick right?). I have even re-installed the module, erased and re-programmed the controls to make sure.

I'll just report this as a bug.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #27
Gizzy

Gizzy will become famous soon enoughGizzy will become famous soon enoughGizzy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
...., the FFB is not used (but then it would just be ignored by my joystick right?)
No, if FBB is ticked and you are using a non-FBB stick then it screws with stuff making the Gazelle uncontrollable.

Good luck in getting it sorted ....
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #28
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
No, if FBB is ticked and you are using a non-FBB stick then it screws with stuff making the Gazelle uncontrollable.

Good luck in getting it sorted ....
You were right! First I thought you meant the FFB settings in the SPECIAL settings of the SA-342. But after you last comment I checked the MISC and sure enough, this settings was back (I'm pretty sure I had unchecked this before). This was a vicious one.

Now it's fine, thanks a lot!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #29
nuts

Reputation power: 0
nuts is on a distinguished road

My trimmer button causes extreme pitch up ....anyone else have this problem?,,,,grrrr!
nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #30
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts View Post
My trimmer button causes extreme pitch up ....anyone else have this problem?,,,,grrrr!
Well, check the few posts above, perhaps you have the same problem I had by leaving the FFB setting? Because of that, when I was using the trim, I had a sudden and large pitch down or up.