Through The Inferno (Syria) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

HI deadly,

In the Current TTI version it does not give the option to reset AWACS anymore, but then give the option of [[ End Mission ]] what exactly does that do, as I can't find much about it in the readme...

anyway... Great Mission again :D Ace to fly in !

HI deadly,

In the Current TTI version it does not give the option to reset AWACS anymore, but then give the option of [[ End Mission ]] what exactly does that do, as I can't find much about it in the readme...

anyway... Great Mission again :D Ace to fly in !

Somewhere in the initial post, check the changelog, an update from ED causes the AWACS + EWRS script not to work with a dynamic spawn, meaning that I have to use a pre-placed awacs that just exists in the mission.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Hi Deadlyfishes

Nothing but respect for your missions. They're great!

However, and I have been meaning to ask you this for a while now, what's with the extremely low QNH 27.64? :P

Our Viper's altimeter doesn't go below 28.10 (and I'm pretty sure I've seen that with other modules as well). Is there a reason why you've set the value this low? Or am I missing something perhaps?

So I took a look at the mission and it seems to be 760 / 29.92 QNH at 0 deg C.

This is from the briefing directly on the Syria TTI maps.

"Through The Inferno"

This is one of the most awesome missions - thank you very much for your effort. If there is one thing that can be improved it is the vehicle spawning locations; there are simply too many instances of vehicles ending up on roofs or almost clipped into buildings.

I don't know what variables are exposed to allow one to check placement offsets from buildings, but there must be a way to determine ground height at a coordinate position on the map? Can you build in a simple check to verify that a spawned object's location altitude above ground matches the intended ground level at that spawn coordinate? If the delta is too large, cull the unit and spawn it at a different location?

I see trucks on multi-story building rooftops, T-80s climbing up the sides of buildings etc. on a regular basis. I specifically fly the Aleppo mission at this stage.

I don't think I have ever encountered an A2G mission in any place other than in a built up area. Are there some A2G missions that take place outside of the cities (I know the SAM missions do)?

This is one of the most awesome missions - thank you very much for your effort. If there is one thing that can be improved it is the vehicle spawning locations; there are simply too many instances of vehicles ending up on roofs or almost clipped into buildings.

I don't know what variables are exposed to allow one to check placement offsets from buildings, but there must be a way to determine ground height at a coordinate position on the map? Can you build in a simple check to verify that a spawned object's location altitude above ground matches the intended ground level at that spawn coordinate? If the delta is too large, cull the unit and spawn it at a different location?

I see trucks on multi-story building rooftops, T-80s climbing up the sides of buildings etc. on a regular basis. I specifically fly the Aleppo mission at this stage.

I don't think I have ever encountered an A2G mission in any place other than in a built up area. Are there some A2G missions that take place outside of the cities (I know the SAM missions do)?

Yes -- SAM missions do spawn in open areas.

The latest update with 'hand-drawn' zones adds a great and immersive feel to mission locations, however it does come with that issue with buildings/trees, especially in urban areas.

It may be difficult to destroy units at a certain AGL, but that's worth looking into actually. -- Probably the best solution if I wish to keep these mission layouts as they are.

Additionally, you are free to move and re-adjust these zones to your liking, but note that you'll have to update the map again when I release an update - So I understand why this may turn you off from doing so.

There was a time that these spawns avoided spawning on top, and a time where spawns did clip into objects. We'll have to deal with these issues as DCS updates come but I'm willing to work through it.

All in all, for now I'll look into some options to remove units that are above 0 AGL, and feel free to move mission zones and re-draw the polygon units (the one that draws the borders of spawns).

"Through The Inferno"

So I took a look at the mission and it seems to be 760 / 29.92 QNH at 0 deg C.

This is from the briefing directly on the Syria TTI maps.

My bad. The briefing screen shows us the QFE value, not QNH :doh:

(seems pretty pointless why ED chose to show QFE here instead of QNH.. But maybe someone with more knowledge on this matter, could chime in)

One could argue though, if the 0°C temperature is realistic (in Syria, in June, at noon). But now I'm just nitpicking :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hello!

I love TTI - but I have a problem. After selecting a Role in Singlerplayer I have to wait forever to load into the airplane or DCS just crashes and I have to end the task.

I mostly have this problem with TTI... is this because it is such a big mission?

I think my PC is good enough (see signature - 32GB RAM) and I tried lowering the Preload radius and such things...

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello!

I love TTI - but I have a problem. After selecting a Role in Singlerplayer I have to wait forever to load into the airplane or DCS just crashes and I have to end the task.

I mostly have this problem with TTI... is this because it is such a big mission?

I think my PC is good enough (see signature - 32GB RAM) and I tried lowering the Preload radius and such things...

I've have the same issue, but seems to be with Open Beta in general as I get lots of crashes with TTI Persian Gulf as well. No issues in stable.

Something's weird with this mission. I have Camera Terrain restriction off, but in this mission specifically the Camera Terrain restriction is enforced.

If you rename the Mission into a *.zip file you´ll find a folder called "Config" in there.

That´s where the Views (of the Mission creator) are saved.

I never tried but you should be able to either manipulate the settings there, or just delete the whole folder.

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

If you rename the Mission into a *.zip file you´ll find a folder called "Config" in there.

That´s where the Views (of the Mission creator) are saved.

I never tried but you should be able to either manipulate the settings there, or just delete the whole folder.

Something's weird with this mission. I have Camera Terrain restriction off, but in this mission specifically the Camera Terrain restriction is enforced.

That got it, thanks. Why is there even a Config folder in these missions? I checked my other mission files and most don't have one.

That's not my intention, things just get saved and ported over to the miz files sometimes. I think it's got something to do with some setting I have on my end. I'll be sure to check up on this for the next update.

Thanks for looking out for each other. See you all in a new update soon ;)

"Through The Inferno"

The waypoints of the fuel truck are defining the spawn zone for the enemy units. The fuel truck itself will not be visible in the mission.

This is a creative way of not using circular trigger zones and allowing the polygon defined by a route to become the spawn zone.

So both the trigger zone AND the fuel truck will have to be moved?

I'm also curious if the issue of vehicles spawning on top of/inside buildings is fixed.

The waypoints of the fuel truck are defining the spawn zone for the enemy units. The fuel truck itself will not be visible in the mission.

This is a creative way of not using circular trigger zones and allowing the polygon defined by a route to become the spawn zone.

So for the truck, you need to use the waypoints to DRAW the SHAPE of your spawn zone.

The circle is what now DETECTS the units inside that mission, so it's needed for that and other script related uses.

However, if you don't care for drawing the zones, I did leave a little tutorial in a text file how to go back to the old method.

Spawning on buildings is something that changes with every other update from ED, but it seems like it's going to stay this way -- I'm still testing a method to remove vehicles/units atop buildings without doing anything that significantly hinders performance.

Sure, there is a way to delete them, but its a huge CPU draw to search and detect every ground unit, and then detect their altitude individually.

I've done a few great changes so far in my current build-- including an amazing AI Helo Troop Transport feature.

I think I'll be releasing a new version with the release of the A-10C II module.

"Through The Inferno"

So both the trigger zone AND the fuel truck will have to be moved?

I'm also curious if the issue of vehicles spawning on top of/inside buildings is fixed.

unknown.png

Looks like this works :)

"Through The Inferno"

Quick question about debriefing, why they all zeros under attrition?

I mostly fly the Hog and would like to see the number of ships, air defence and vehicles destroyed. This and the score is also zero, but details show scores.

This is probably a well known DCS shortcoming that I am unaware of...

Logging is finicky especially with dynamically spawned units, which most dynamic pve missions use.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 09/30/2020 - 1: v1.71a

- Added A-10C II module

- Added C-101CC module

- Added MiG-29G module

- Added AI Helo Transport Script

helo_troop_transport_auto.gif

helo_troop_transport_zeus.gif

- Add new debug feature and option to remove enemy ground units that are dynamically spawned above ground on top of buildings, folliage etc...

- Fixed incorrect tanker information in briefing and kneeboard

- Joint Task force coalition add to use for ease of adding/changing units

- Change Kuznetsov country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Change Su-33 country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Removed intrusive config folder that blocked some custom client settings from being applied

- Removed redundant mission detection checks to improve performance

- Improvements and optimizations to JTAC Auto Lase script to improve performance

- Disabled a few mission types by default to improve performance

- Disabled Airboss Rescue Helo by default to improve performance

- Disabled F/A-18C and F-14B Ground Random Air Traffic spawns by default to improve performance

- Removed non-Super Carrier extra miz file and included tutorial in included README.txt on how to change the Super Carrier units to the free carrier units.

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks again for the quick update deadlyfishes!

Small bit of feedback on your Syria Damascus mission:

You forgot to actually switch the second A-10C to the A-10C II :P (you only changed the name :))

(took me a while to realize I still sitting in the "old" A-10C pit.. I was already a bit disappointed that I couldn't see any changes :doh:)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

So I'm having a little trouble getting tasks/units to spawn in. Doing what I'm supposed to, opening up the radio menu and selecting spawn A2G-Easy task.

Attached my dcs.log

EDIT: To big, ugg...

EDIT2: Cut out superfluous lines.

dcs.log

Edited by DECtechGuy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I'm having a little trouble getting tasks/units to spawn in. Doing what I'm supposed to, opening up the radio menu and selecting spawn A2G-Easy task.

Attached my dcs.log

EDIT: To big, ugg...

EDIT2: Cut out superfluous lines.

Thanks for the log, it looks like the Trigger List SP file was not opening properly.

Have you made any changes to the settings? You may have put in a setting change that was done incorrectly.

Also, A2G Easy missions are auto-start by default and there is only 1 of each mission type allowed up at any given time.

"Through The Inferno"