Camera Terrain Restriction Enforced in Mission Options?

Nealius

I have Camera Terrain Restriction turned off, and the restriction is off for the majority of missions I create and download. However, some missions I download somehow still have camera terrain restriction despite my DCS having it turned off.

Is there a setting somewhere in the mission file to enable/disable Camera Terrain Restriction?

Yes it can be enforced by a mission. In the editor, load the mission, go to the top bar under customize, and select mission options.

Mission settings are weird because it saves the settings of whoever last saved the mission and the enforcement of the settings and the user setting of "use these settings for all missions" depends on how it is used.

If setting is enforced it will be used for anyone who plays the mission, SP and MP.

If setting not enforced in the miz it will use the mission setting OR whatever you have set usng the "use these settings for all missions" ticked.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

There's no entry for Camera Terrain Restriction in the mission options.

I know that if a player saves a replay track from a flight with Camera Terrain Restriction on, then turns it off, and tries to replay the track, the terrain restriction is still baked into the .trk file and lifting the restriction works. I've never had this happen with .miz files though, so could this be a new bug of sorts?

EDIT

Found the issue. For some reason, some missions (but not others) have a config file with View and Server.lua, where Camera Terrain Restriction=True. Why DCS prioritizes that instead of my local Server.lua file, and why there's a Config folder in the .miz at all is a mystery.

Edited by Nealius