BFT12 Issues - Primarily Timing - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 01:18 AM   #21
Tiramisu

I should have read this thread before trying the mission, because I am having exactly the same bugs. My campaign should be up to date, since I installed it a few weeks ago.
It seems like in the practice mission the FE gets the timing right, but not in the real training mission. Maybe it is because he has problems to circle around waypoint three and then get to the next waypoints in time. For me he gets to waypoint 4 too early. Maybe it is some AI issue caused by ED or maybe it is caused by faulty triggers, but the FE clearly does his job wrong.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #22
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

We will retest to see if anything has changed but the timings should be the same as in the practice mission (same triggers).

For this mission, if you are late on the join up then it will be hard for the AI to meet the waypoints on time. If you make a clean join or get to the rendezvous early then the AI will have time to make the waypoints as planned.

One possible alternative is to have the FE leave at the required time and if you are not joined up by the time he leaves then too bad - mission failure.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #23
Tiramisu

I took off very quickly and I arrived in waypoint 3 even before 6:30. Then I rejoined within a short time. So I do not think it was my fault. You should test this mission to see what really happens.

Anyway, after hitting the 13th waypoint the FE told me "Climb to pattern altitude and contact the tower to enter the landing pattern". I thought that for some reason I had to land instead of going to waypoint 15, but the FE was only making a very misleading call, which failed my mission. On the next try I made it to Kobuletti, but then the FE gave me a wrong description where to park. In the end I got stuck in some building and could not taxi any more. This lead to another frustrating fail of my mission.
Is it even worth completing this mission? It is not hard, but it lasts too long and the FE gives you misleading information.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote