Spring Tension Mission 13

Rolds

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem too. Mi-28 even speaks in the radio about attacking the armoured targets or infantry and then simply skedaddles to base. Anyway, I loaded myself up with some guns and destroyed the convoy myself, mission accomplished. Nothing gets done if you one does not do it himself.

• 7 months later...

Flew it today, the Mi28 engages only if you hold off long enough, and it only hits one vehicle. Then they scatter in the woods and become very hard to get. So the key is to start shooting yourself when the whole column is in the open area. But then yes, the Mi28 will just fly around doing nothing ((

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 9 months later...

It worked for me after a few tries. This is how it worked:

- when I flew above the vehicles, they stopped and infantries got out,

- I started shooting at them all

- I got further in the valley to leave some room for the Mi-28 to do his magic,

- I accelerated time a bit, and it then hit the vehicles, one after the other.

DCS version 2.5.6.49798

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 11 months later...

This mission still doesn't seem to work , even in 2.7.

The Mi-28 makes only or max two actual attack runs, despite announcing more on the radio , but then it doesn't actually fire. Even if you move well aside to give it room for its attack run.

Most of the vehicles stay intact after his one or max two passes and next step of the mission isn't triggered.

Even after I shot up some more vehicles myself.

I've tried three  four times now in a row and even after waiting a long while, the Mi-28 just doesn't do its task well enough for the mission to proceed.

Please fix this. 
Or alternatively change the briefing to make it clear, that the MI28 is just there for psychological support, but you're supposed to do the actual shooting

yourself . This is really a bit annoying. I mean it’s nice that Flappie got ist working after „a few tries“ but not everybody likes or has the time for doing the Same missions 5 times over in their scarce free time, just because the AI can't do its job properly.

Regards,
Snappy

Edited by Snappy

• 4 months later...

Since my issue is related to this mission I don't create a new thread but continuing this one:

It's my first night mission in the Mi-8 and I'm struggling to see outside the chopper.

As you see in the left part of the image where the blister is open, there is no problem. In the right half where I'm supposed to watch through the canopy glass, it's just white even if I turned off every external and internal light and when I put on night goggles it's just impossible to look where I'm going even with minimum gain setting. Is there any workaround I'm missing?

dcs Mi-8 reflection.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, Fukitsuna said:

Since my issue is related to this mission I don't create a new thread but continuing this one:

It's my first night mission in the Mi-8 and I'm struggling to see outside the chopper.

As you see in the left part of the image where the blister is open, there is no problem. In the right half where I'm supposed to watch through the canopy glass, it's just white even if I turned off every external and internal light and when I put on night goggles it's just impossible to look where I'm going even with minimum gain setting. Is there any workaround I'm missing?

dcs Mi-8 reflection.png

In your DCS settings, do you maybe have the "Global cockpit illumination" option set to OFF? If so, try ON.

But in general, night vision flying seems to be less than optimal after the  DCS lighting changes, it seems the MI-8 didnt get well adapted by ED .

Regards,

Snappy

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Had to fly this 6 times to get it to work.

This needs to be looked at and bought up to a more reliable state.

If there have to be delays before the Mi28 can engage effectively then fine, but make it known through an audio prompt.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR