Huey is Broken, completely. Not sure what happened

blave

I have tried to instant action and training in the UH-1, which worked fine before (in the last couple months), but at some point it got porkulated. The main rotor is missing visually, and the instant that the sim starts in the cockpit, the gauges all "get weird" and the flight controls are non-responsive. There'a a big "clunk" upon first entering the cockpit. Should I delete/reinstall the aircraft? I haven't seen other mention(s) of this, but maybe I missed it.

This experience has made me newly aware of how generally stable DCS-W is, considering how complex the sim is... But I want my Huey back :).

thx,

Dave

Clear out all files in those folders

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Did the above tips help?

If not this made me wonder:

...The main rotor is missing visually... There'a a big "clunk" upon first entering the cockpit.

Instant missions and tutorials generally start with engine on.

Do you check the main rotor before entering the cockpit (I think it should be possible to hit F2 while paused before start)?

When starting in air, do you just fall of the sky?

Immediately after the "clunk", hit pause and go to F2 view and look around the helicopter (a bit zoomed out). Do you see the main rotor going about by itself away from the helicopter, or laying on the ground close by? If so, you encountered mast bumping. Then something with your hardware controls are not right. Stick deflected much in any direction when starting?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Missing / non-functioning aircraft parts and non-responsive controls indicate some more serious issue than old shader files.

I don't own the Huey, but I'd start with Holton's suggestions above.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Agree with Holton181. It could simply be the necessity to move your physical throttle a bit before mission start so it gets synced with the in-game collective. Otherwise the collective might make a big, sudden jump from its initial position to whatever you set it to, which might be enough to rip off the rotor.

The main rotor is missing visually, and the instant that the sim starts in the cockpit, the gauges all "get weird" and the flight controls are non-responsive. There'a a big "clunk" upon first entering the cockpit. Should I delete/reinstall the aircraft?

Make sure your joystick is centered, if it rests to the side, "mast bumping" will cause the main shaft to shear and the main rotor will fly off into the air.

It shouldn't be a problem for a regular "spring centered" joystick but it was one of the first things I encountered after switching to FFB.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Check out track file in F2 view. But yah, Hilton and Ramsay prob right.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• ED Team

Hi

Also check your keybindings, ensure you have no double inputs for buttons or axis.

If you still have issue attach a short track replay which you can save after pressing escape from a mission, we maybe able to give you some pointers.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had a switch in the wrong position on the wh throttle that caused similar problems

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I deleted those folders; same thing still happens. My controls (TMW throttle and Virpil MongoosT-50CM2) are calibrated and work fine in every other aircraft I've tried, including the Mi-8 and Gazelle.

HOWEVER I just tried one of the instant actions that has the a/c running and on the ground at start, and sure enough the swash plate is tilted way back so that the main rotor mast-bumps and flies off. So @Holton181 was absolutely correct.

I just checked the cyclic's Axis Tune settings, and -- sure enough, that was it. I have a Thrustmaster steering wheel connected to the same laptop, and it was auto-assigned axes (I wish they wouldn't do that).

What's weird to me is that the Mi-8 and Gazelle worked fine with that setup. Maybe those models don't auto-assign controls the way the Huey does? (I thought that is a global action though.) At any rate, I'm up and running -- thanks folks for all of the input (har har).

cheers,

Dave

I was having problems myself then someone suggested that I deleted the dcs saved games folder so I mad a copy and deleted it and the program rebuilt it and things are great.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.