Suggestion for JF-17 Block II update. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
J-20

Default Suggestion for JF-17 Block II update.

Hi guys. I heard that Deka team is going to update this aircraft from block I to block II in the future. I would like to suggest that instead of upgrade the current plane into block II, let's have 2 separate planes instead. Just like the other team did with their F-5E and F-5E3 and the 2 P-51 variants we have. This way, we can simulate different scenarios.

Edited:
Here is one more idea.
RAZBAM made this MiG-19P module where you can decide to install SPO-2 RWR or not in the mission editor.
So how about do the same for JF-17's WP-13 engine? China had already made some JF-17 with that engine and demonstrated to Pakistan. It's just Pakistan hasn't purchased yet.

Also
Not only we get the block I and II, we also need to have the Chinese Variant.
I know some of you guys will be confused since JF-17 hasn't been accepted into the service of the Chinese military. Yes, true. But Chinese have some JF-17 as demonstrator. They use those aircraft to show the potential buyers how good JF-17 is. The Chinese variant has some advantage over the Pakistan version. For example: The Chinese JF-17 block II demonstrators have at least 3 advantages:
1: Helmet aiming sight for missiles.
2: WS-13 Engine
3: PL-8 and PL-9 missiles

Pakistan didn't purchase those due to budget constrains.
I think this will be good for Deka team if this is made, since it will be a good advertisement for JF-17.

Last edited by J-20; 01-04-2020 at 04:16 PM.
J-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Kumabit

To be honest, I don't like this idea.
Also, it is not necessary.
Kumabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
shaHeen-1

its necessary. i don't want a fuel probe in my face all the time. it ruins the symmetry of them jet. and I dont A/A refuel that often anyways.
shaHeen-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
Harlikwin
Veteran

I'm always one for more variants. So yeah if it wouldn't too much more additional work.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
J-20

Here is one more idea.
RAZBAM made this MiG-19P module where you can decide to install SPO-2 RWR or not in the mission editor.
So how about do the same for JF-17's WS-13 engine? China had already made some JF-17 with that engine and demonstrated to Pakistan. It's just Pakistan hasn't purchased yet.

Last edited by J-20; 01-04-2020 at 04:17 PM.
J-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
DonJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I'm always one for more variants. So yeah if it wouldn't too much more additional work.
+1

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
DonJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:27 AM   #7
AeriaGloria

They would have to do something. The work on block 1 oxygen and landing lights shouldn’t go to waste especially for simulating earlier times
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
Hook47

Air to air refueling is the biggest issue for me, as the jet really needs it for me to enjoy longer sorties. Deka could please everyone by simply making the refuel probe a checkable box in the editor or in special options.

I don't think the probe will be "in your face" while flying, however. I was worried about that with the mirage, and after flying it for years I hardly notice it... As far as in the face fuel probes go, it doesn't get more in ones face that the M2000!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #9
Oceandar

I've never had a situation that I really need to do AAR in Caucasus nor in PG. Most of the missions on any servers I've played didnt actually need that as friendly airbases quite close and conflict region used not that big. Only few pilots would want to fly from Anapa to do CAP over Kutaisi then by the time you arrived you probably be dead or already fired almost all your missiles thus just need to land.

Regarding new block, let Deka finishes that first. I would hope they would not comment anything about this because anything they say about future dev could be used against them if anything happens not as expected (by fans).
JF-17 is already great module. They just need fixing and completing few things.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #10
Terrorban

I would only ask for two versions if the jet has any changes to the cockpit.

So far Deka said that there will only be external modification and the AAR switches are already present in cockpit so there is no real reason for having two versions.

Good thing it is on the side and not on the nose like Mirage.

Gotta love the blind right side.

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote