Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa - Page 15 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #141
Baco
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 637
Default

Love the Pop culture refs in the last pick.
Helmet with the superman logo and I specialy like the Lone "Ranger" on top
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #142
Scarecrow84
Member
 
Scarecrow84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 157
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmY...ture=emb_title
Scarecrow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #143
rrohde
Veteran
 
rrohde's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Après nous le déluge
Posts: 4,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow84 View Post
__________________

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #144
slowmover
Member
 
slowmover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 176
Default

Try to do it multycrew chopper Polychop Simulations.
It will be hard operated by one pilot even you have created the best AI pilot.
Give people the opportunityto fly as crew.
__________________
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #145
Yurgon
Campaign Testers
 
Yurgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuos View Post
Try to do it multycrew chopper Polychop Simulations.
That would be fantastic.

But they tried with the Gazelle, and it ended up not working well (synchronization issues, clear cut division which pilot can press which button, almost impossible to control the chopper from the client-seat)... I can't begin to imagine how many hours they must have spent on that feature.

Especially for a side-by-side cockpit, I believe this is something ED has to lay the foundation for. And seeing as this was announced as a feature for their own choppers UH-1H and Mi-8 and is still in development, I'd rather Polychop did as fantastic of a single seat module as they can, and then add multicrew once ED make it available to them.
__________________
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #146
Harlikwin
Veteran
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Living rent free in your mind
Posts: 5,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
That would be fantastic.

But they tried with the Gazelle, and it ended up not working well (synchronization issues, clear cut division which pilot can press which button, almost impossible to control the chopper from the client-seat)... I can't begin to imagine how many hours they must have spent on that feature.

Especially for a side-by-side cockpit, I believe this is something ED has to lay the foundation for. And seeing as this was announced as a feature for their own choppers UH-1H and Mi-8 and is still in development, I'd rather Polychop did as fantastic of a single seat module as they can, and then add multicrew once ED make it available to them.
Unfortunately the pickings for a single seater attack chopper are mighty slim.
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:52 PM   #147
Yurgon
Campaign Testers
 
Yurgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Unfortunately the pickings for a single seater attack chopper are mighty slim.
Agreed.

But I think I meant something slightly different.

I hope they do the best single player/single seat version of the OH-58 that they can, and then expend the module to include multi seat/shared cockpit when the foundation has been made available by ED.

Personally, I have little use for a two-seater that doesn't really work with two human pilots, so for the time being I'm looking forward to flying the OH-58 alone after release (but most def in multiplayer; just alone in the pit is what I mean).
__________________
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:01 AM   #148
ngreenaway
Member
 
ngreenaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 361
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPqNPYOS_W8

stuff like this makes me miss being deployed, even if it was never so exciting as this
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #149
Harlikwin
Veteran
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Living rent free in your mind
Posts: 5,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Agreed.

But I think I meant something slightly different.

I hope they do the best single player/single seat version of the OH-58 that they can, and then expend the module to include multi seat/shared cockpit when the foundation has been made available by ED.

Personally, I have little use for a two-seater that doesn't really work with two human pilots, so for the time being I'm looking forward to flying the OH-58 alone after release (but most def in multiplayer; just alone in the pit is what I mean).
Yeah, I get the sentiment, but really most helo's have a pilot AND gunner/operator for a reason, even if 1 guy can do it all. I find the Gaz M model to really hard to use well for the reason I have to do 2 different jobs at once (fly AND scan for targets AND shoot them). I t would be nice to have sort of simple AI jester like thing for the gunner (shoot at tanks bro, shoot at ADA, or whatever)
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #150
swatstar98
Member
 
swatstar98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Yeah, I get the sentiment, but really most helo's have a pilot AND gunner/operator for a reason, even if 1 guy can do it all. I find the Gaz M model to really hard to use well for the reason I have to do 2 different jobs at once (fly AND scan for targets AND shoot them). I t would be nice to have sort of simple AI jester like thing for the gunner (shoot at tanks bro, shoot at ADA, or whatever)
With the M I tend to shoot static behind a hill, I search the contact (sometimes with help from the GCI), and that way you only care for altitude. Pop up, launch, pop down, I killed 3 AAA with that metod in 1 sortie.
__________________
"parts are falling off the french helicopter.. IT IS A MISSILE YOU IMBECILE" - Rober -
swatstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.