night Flight preparation?

wolf_288

Well, partly it depends on personal preference, but this is what I do:

1) Switch HUD mode to night.

2) Dim Skhval brightess

3) Dim ABRIS brightness

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

1. Get ground crew to swap HMD with NVD.

3. Turn on/off white cockpit lights using the cyclic stick light interrupt button (very handy toggle).

4. Dim ABRIS a lot.

5. HUD to night mode, set minimum illumination.

6. Turn on NVDs and crank 'em up as far as it'll go.

7. NVG cockpit blue lighting at off or very low.

8. Uncage Shkval and adjust brightness/contrast, reset.

9. Formation lights, beacon, nav lights, rotor tip lights, on/10-30%.

Remember you have a steerable, retractable spotlight and a backup spotlight. I usually turn off beacon clear of the airfield and the nav lights during my fence in check to enemy territory. The colored signal flare launcher is handy for pre-arranged signals.

Realistically you wouldn't be looking inside the cockpit through the NVDs, you'd be peeking under or flipping them up temporarily. Using blue or white lighting with the NVDs off is fine if you've got the aircraft on autopilot or autohover.

It's nice to set the batteries and the cockpit task light (over left shoulder) to some keyboard keys you memorize so if the pit is totally dark you can light it up enough to start the engines.

EDIT: My mistake, you don't enable the panel lights with the switch and then use the cyclic button to toggle, it's the other way. You need to have the switch on the panel off so the cyclic button works. If you have the panel switches on then it overrides the cyclic lighting button and the lighting is on in either cyclic lighting button position.

Edited by Frederf