[REPORTED]CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP)

LeCuvier

I have only experienced this in Multiplayer when I was on the server Burning Skies.

A short time after takeoff, the CB's for battery and generator pop out. I noticed this because the gun sight went dark and the trim indicator needle dropped down indicating max tail heavy. Also the guns didn't fire of course.

I had to go through several cycles of pushing the CB's back in and they popped out again immediately. This was particularly bad when it happened immediately after takeoff and she was still trimmed nose-heavy. In the end the CB's stopped playing games with me and I could fly normally.I could reproduce this several times. Unfortunately the tracks are garbage. They show me pirouetting on the ramp until she somersaults and crashes.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have also experienced the phenomenon in a single player mission now.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I flew the A8 in MP on Burning Skies today, and it was totally useless. By the time I arrived at the target area the guns wouldn't fire and I found that the CB*'s were out again. Pushing them back in helped only for a couple of minutes. Instead of watching out for bandits and taking aim at my targets I was messing with the CB's.

I will now delete everything from the A8 folder and let it re-install.

Edit: I did, but has not helped. This time I flew a cold start mission and the CB for the undercarriage drive (Fahrwerksantrieb) popped out while I was retracting the gear. So I found myself flying with one gear leg retracted and one still extended. I pushed the CB back in and then that leg retracted.

This is a serious issue. The A8 is my favourite plane but now useless!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Guns not firing

Maybe there is some kind of operator error going on, but since the last update my guns and cannons do not fire. Note, this is in multiplayer only. I did not check to see if the same problem exists in SP. Anyone else?

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Maybe there is some kind of operator error going on, but since the last update my guns and cannons do not fire. Note, this is in multiplayer only. I did not check to see if the same problem exists in SP. Anyone else?

Some CBs pop up. Its really annoying.

Also reported here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245851

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I thought I double checked the CBs, but maybe not. Thanks, I’ll keep my eye on them. .

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

I have created a "band-aid" solution to mitigate the problem until ED fix it.

I modified the auto-start macro so that it now pushes all CB's in. Of course I use OvGME to replace the original "Macro_sequencies.lua" with the modified one.

I did some testing and it helps that I no longer need to look at the CB's, find the culprit and push it back in with the mouse (which means I cannot control the joystick), and all that in a hostile environment.

LeCuvier

I'm shocked that we have no confirmation from the moderators that this issue will be addressed with some priority. The A8 is practically unusable. I flew some sorties in MP today and I had to run my macro more than 20 times before the CB's stayed ON for some time. I actually gave up counting...

LeCuvier

Just testing. First results:

In a cold start scenario:

After take-off when I want to retract the undercarriage, in 2 out of 3 cases two critical CB's pop out:

- Generator

- Undercarriage drive

Once I saw the undercarriage beginning to retract but then descend again.

After pushing the 2 CB's back in it seems to be stable.

In one of the 2 cases, the tak-off and gear retract went fine; but when at about 300 km/h I extended the gear and then retracted again, the 2 CB's popped out and I had to push them in again. After that things were stable.

It appears to me that the Gear Up operation produces a current surge.

Overall the situation seems improved as I did not have to pussh the CB's back in more than once. Before I sometimes had to do this more than 10 times before it stabilized.

LeCuvier

Just testing. First results:

In a cold start scenario:

After take-off when I want to retract the undercarriage, in 2 out of 3 cases two critical CB's pop out:

- Generator

- Undercarriage drive

Once I saw the undercarriage beginning to retract but then descend again.

After pushing the 2 CB's back in it seems to be stable.

In one of the 2 cases, the tak-off and gear retract went fine; but when at about 300 km/h I extended the gear and then retracted again, the 2 CB's popped out and I had to push them in again. After that things were stable.

It appears to me that the Gear Up operation produces a current surge.

Overall the situation seems improved as I did not have to pussh the CB's back in more than once. Before I sometimes had to do this more than 10 times before it stabilized.

Try to empty the guns in one take. You won't make it too far until the cbs for generator and battery pop up.

Maybe this is indeed intended. Something like overcurrent and overheating in the electrical system. But maybe the devs should say something about this finally.

Fox

Spoiler

CB' still popping out

After some more testing I have to confirm that there is no real improvement. There has been some random element in this issue from the beginning and that has mislead me to see improvement.

When I try to retract the gear, the gear drive CB pops out more than 50% of the cases. When I switched Weapon Master and Outer Wing guns to ON, the Battery and Generator CB's popped out and and it took more than 5 cycles until they staid in. In this state the A8 is not combatworthy. Until 2 updates ago we did not have this problem.

I'm very disappointed that this critical problem has not been fixed in this release. This problem deserves dedicated hotfix!

LeCuvier

I came to the conclusion that this is not a bug but a feature. I'm not kidding. Will post a video why I think that.

Fox

edit: I posted in the forum the video

I get it. The Anton was so incredibly successful the RLM thought it wasn't fair, and so they gave their pilots a handicap :)

LeCuvier

I get it. The Anton was so incredibly successful the RLM thought it wasn't fair, and so they gave their pilots a handicap :)

Well, watch my video. Can I be wrong? Of course I can. But we can discuss this, when you understand why I think so.

Fox

Spoiler

Today I did my first test flight after the last update and these problems were gone for me in SP. Ididn't use the guns during that test flight. Now in VR graphics outside of the cockpit is fixed. After that short flight I can't complain...

Well, I deleted fxo and metashaders folders as usual after updating.....

Edited by Foxmike

I tested it again and must say, indeed it´s a feature. When I start as usual nothing happens, I can put gears and flaps up the same time. But if you pull to much g on the stick, the electrical gear drive draws to much electrical power and the cb jumps out. You can even bring the gear up without problems above 300 km/h as long as you fly steady without pulling, you can do it even much faster than 300 when pushing a bit to negative/neutral g, which remembers me to my first rl flights in a full complex high performance Mooney with a manual gear lever: You need less power or force when flying neutal/neg g to bring the gear up.

Next the generator and battery CBs:

The guns must not be armed all at once or during high electrical power drain during gear or flaps movement. Switch on main waepon switch first ant then the outer MG151 and everything is fine. Otherwise the generator and battery CBs collapse.

So really a nice feature, makes the A8 my absolute favorite now....and corresponds to the manual.

Edited by Foxmike

it might be that something like this was intended but then it was overdone.

I've had the CB's pop when I switched the weapon master and outer guns switches one after another, and another time when I only raised the safety latch. And having to repush the CB's 20 times before they stabilize makes no sense at all. And the CB's popping when in level flight at 300 km/h I extend the gear is equally nonsense. Argue as much as you want, this is bugged. And that's my last comment on the "feature" story.

LeCuvier

it might be that something like this was intended but then it was overdone.

I've had the CB's pop when I switched the weapon master and outer guns switches one after another, and another time when I only raised the safety latch. And having to repush the CB's 20 times before they stabilize makes no sense at all. And the CB's popping when in level flight at 300 km/h I extend the gear is equally nonsense. Argue as much as you want, this is bugged. And that's my last comment on the "feature" story.

Tracks or video please

Spoiler

I have reviewed my procedures and done many flights to test. the speed limit for raising the gear is 250 km/h. I find that if I raise the gear at 250km/h, in 9 out of 10 cases the CB pops out, sometimes with one strut up and one still down. In order to avoid this, I have to raise the gear well below 250 km/h - typically at around 220. In real life, when a speed limit of that nature is given, there is always a margin of say 10% or more. The Anton is obviously programmed without any margin. This is totally unrealistic. It also seems implausible that the Anton behaves so totally different from the Dora as these planes are technicall very similar.

Further, I still find that the generator CB pops out when I activate the Weapon Master switch, although I respect the 3-second delay before activating the Outer Guns switch.

I reiterate my earlier statement: The model of the electrical circuits is ighly over-sensitive. The FW-190 was designed to operate and survive in a very rough environment. The Luftwaffe wouldn't have accepted a plane with such mimosa-like fragility.

LeCuvier

I have reviewed my procedures and done many flights to test. the speed limit for raising the gear is 250 km/h. I find that if I raise the gear at 250km/h, in 9 out of 10 cases the CB pops out, sometimes with one strut up and one still down. In order to avoid this, I have to raise the gear well below 250 km/h - typically at around 220. In real life, when a speed limit of that nature is given, there is always a margin of say 10% or more. The Anton is obviously programmed without any margin. This is totally unrealistic. It also seems implausible that the Anton behaves so totally different from the Dora as these planes are technicall very similar.

Further, I still find that the generator CB pops out when I activate the Weapon Master switch, although I respect the 3-second delay before activating the Outer Guns switch.

I reiterate my earlier statement: The model of the electrical circuits is ighly over-sensitive. The FW-190 was designed to operate and survive in a very rough environment. The Luftwaffe wouldn't have accepted a plane with such mimosa-like fragility.

I can raise the gear till 450km/h if I don't pull more than 1 G. But even 1,15G during the very last moment of retraction pops off the CB for the Gear.

When I load the guns, I wait till the first four gun-lights light up. Then I flip the switch for the outer cannons. That way I never had any problems with loading the weapons. During combat I make short bursts of less than 2seconds. No CB problems since that.

Is that correct behaviour? I don't know. For the landing-gear it is a little bit too sensitive for my taste as well. For the weapons. I think ist correct. Why would you separate the gun loading mechanism, if the system could handle the loads. Don't forget, the Dora has no outer wing cannons.

They wanted to build as light as possible aircraft. So I can imagine, that they used components, that could just handle the normal load, but not more. If you're running out of copper e.g. you won't put more than absolutely necessary into the generator. Why did they use a flywheel, instead of a potent starter like in the Mustang (and Spitfire)?

Fox

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Spoiler