[DCS BUG] TALD's don't work anymore

razo+r

Some updates ago, every SAM fell for the TALD's. But now, with the latest update, they don't even pay attention to it anymore, it just passes them and nothing is happening.

Can you, or ED, make them work again?

Edited by IronMike

Yes today tried tald's and they show no effect at all

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

Is ED aware of this issue?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I saw this tread and for me the TALD is working, at least for the S-300 (didn't try for other SAMs). Check on ME if you put the SAM to engage weapons, that was my solution on the SEAD mission.

For me the problem is to set AI to launch the TALD. F-14 AI always do a diving bomb dropping the 4 TALDs bellow 4,000 feet and hitting the ground. After that the 4 TALDs just fly a few miles before lose speed and hitting the ground.

Hi guys,

I saw this tread and for me the TALD is working, at least for the S-300 (didn't try for other SAMs). Check on ME if you put the SAM to engage weapons, that was my solution on the SEAD mission.

For me the problem is to set AI to launch the TALD. F-14 AI always do a diving bomb dropping the 4 TALDs bellow 4,000 feet and hitting the ground. After that the 4 TALDs just fly a few miles before lose speed and hitting the ground.

Shouldn't SAMs engage the TALD even when engage weapons is set to off, as the entire point of TALDs is that they look like aircraft on the enemy radar to confuse the enemy? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Shouldn't SAMs engage the TALD even when engage weapons is set to off, as the entire point of TALDs is that they look like aircraft on the enemy radar to confuse the enemy? :huh:

Well, This is a game, and it is a solution for the problem until they fix it

Well, This is a game, and it is a solution for the problem until they fix it

Yeah, but I was talking about how it is intended to work if it is fixed.

Tornado3 small.jpg

TALDs have in essence not been finished by ED yet, in that sense they are still WIP (and out of our hands). It seems that atm the only sams that react to them are SA-10, SA-15 and Patriot.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

TALDs have in essence not been finished by ED yet, in that sense they are still WIP (and out of our hands). It seems that atm the only sams that react to them are SA-10, SA-15 and Patriot.

I totally forgot, that you're using EDs TALDs, which I have actually asked in another thread and was pretty happy to hear that this is the case... :thumbup:

Makes sense that they're still WIP (and I hope they will be available for the Hornet as well soon).

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...