Next items in Hornet development

Jak525

The Lightening Targeting pod has yet to receive some functionality too.

I would also guess the TWS radar mode would be the next big feature to add.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Could we get another mini-update sometime about what the devs are presently working on? I think everyone would be interested to know what things are top priority at the moment.

+1

A mini update would be nice. I’m hoping the relative quiet is due August holidays and we’ll see progress in next few weeks. I’m optimistic that we might see a surge in Hornet items in the run up to Viper release but I may be too hopeful.

Items for me:

Long mentioned full INS and GPS enhancements. Full alignment, HSI options etc

JDAM improvements. In Zone stuff, LP, AUTO LFT, FLT time , TOT etc

TWS and finish RWS....complete RWS long overdue

MIDS page, MIDS voice channels

TGP symbology, slaving functions

Simple missing HOTAS functions

Still AE/ZL page / UFC BU page / MUMI page / TGT/CAS page / MIDS page.

FCS / BIT / EW / HSI / FLIR / RDR pages are incomplete

Completion of these pages would make the Hornet thicker.

What happen to Data cartridge for the hornet?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

MIDS, AZ/EL, UFC BU, A/G Radar, ATFLIR, TWS/VS, SLAM/ER, GenX, TALD, ECM, CPL Autopilot/AutomaticCarrieLanding, Bombing mode Flight Director, MUMI, Walley bomb, Sea Mines, Shrike, JHMCS in AG mode.

Edited by ICS_Vortex

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

It’s WIP . We already had some photos.

Data cartridge is related to MUMI page. Mission Data can be manually loaded into the mission computer through the Memory Unit Mission Initialization (MUMI) display or can be automatically loaded.

Could we get another mini-update sometime about what the devs are presently working on? I think everyone would be interested to know what things are top priority at the moment.

It would be great if they stopped implementing new things and fix what we have. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

The Lightening Targeting pod has yet to receive some functionality too.

I would also guess the TWS radar mode would be the next big feature to add.

Yea what I'm most looking forward on the very short term is additional tgp functionality. Specifically symbology in the HUD. And hsi As of now it's easy to loose track or locate where your point is. Without hud, sa page indicators I'm forced to cage and restart my use of the tgp more often than I'd like.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yea what I'm most looking forward on the very short term is additional tgp functionality. Specifically symbology in the HUD. And hsi As of now it's easy to loose track or locate where your point is. Without hud, sa page indicators I'm forced to cage and restart my use of the tgp more often than I'd like.
+1

You are exposed to enemy threats for far too long slewing the targeting point around trying to find the location of target.

HUD indicator of where the pod is focused on would be greatly welcomed. Also ability to do multi-sensor slaving.

I hope they would stop introducing more half finished fancy weapons and rather fix the more major systems that most of you have already listed. TWS, TGP functionality, ground mapping radar, JHMCS and off board planning functionality.

Completion of these pages would make the Hornet thicker.

They haven't been very specific but there's no data cartridge per se. You've likely seen the MUMI page placeholder, when complete that page provides functionality to transfer data from fA18 DSUs to hornet MCs, including PB target data, jdam QRM, obviously waypoints, radio presents, link-16/jtids and the like. Other things as well not relevant to the sim or discussion.

They also mentioned being able to edit default search parameters. This would apply when first entering A/A mode, but also to bump and RTS commands presumably. However, this is where I"m a little confused, as usually this is done via the SET sublevel on radar, but apparently they are building something where we can set these in options and they will not have to be updated each time. WHatever the case, it's a welcome addition.

What would be particularly cool is if they added a pre-mission planning interface similar to TAMPS. I don't want to get in trouble as i've got some red in my ledger with 9line, but the bulk of the navy fleet use ordinary PCs loaded with TAMPS (and its various modules for indiviidual aircraft/weapons) to plan missions, load mission data onto transport medium (DSU for hornet), and load into aircraft systems. This is the case for f18s, but also KC-130s, AH-1s, Uh-1s, P-3Cs etc., and individual weapons or systems like HARM, JSOW, JDAM, SLAM, JTIDS/Link-16 (crypto related info omitted intentionally) would barely be useable, or require a half hour of data entry preflight. TAMPS will even print out kneeboard pages for the mission. Hopefully they have something like that in the hopper, as it would have awesome functionality for multiplayer as well.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

SLAM, SLAM-ER

Auto, Semi-Auto for countermeasures. (Honestly, I am surprised it's not yet implemented)

I’m going to assume, based on their complexities, the ATFLIR pod and ground radar will be the two final projects for the F/A-18C.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I’m going to assume, based on their complexities, the ATFLIR pod and ground radar will be the two final projects for the F/A-18C.

A/G radar much moreso than atflir, though we are up against the object render hardcap with litening. Given that almost all the tech in the A/G system doesn't exist in any other module (except MAP/Real beam), I suspect we might not see it until there are some engine changes (hopefully still on track for early next year). I don't think the current pipeline can draw geometry 80nm away/has issues with object size, etc. That's rumor mill stuff so could be way off, but makes sense

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about