CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP) - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #31
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Are you sure that this is bug.
Why anyone would program poping up any circuit breaker by accident ??
Circuit Breakers are supposed to break the cirrcuit under certain overload conditions. For the kind of loads we have with undercarriage drive and weapons, the CB's would typically have two kinds of overload detection:

1. Thermal (bi-metal): this will respond based on the amount and duration of overload. Reaction is slow.
2. Electromagnetic: this will respond for high overload like when there is a short-circuit. Reaction is instantaneous, but only if the load current is a multiple of the rated load.

I'm under the impression that the EM element of the CB's is modelled with exaggerated sensitivity.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Last edited by LeCuvier; 08-16-2019 at 05:16 PM.
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #32
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
I'm under the impression that the EM element of the CB's is modelled withexaggerated sensitivity.
Exactly like engine in DCS p-51
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #33
SMH

Quote:
Exactly like engine in DCS p-51
Just wait until engine overheating comes to this module.
SMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #34
Nealius
Veteran

Well I've just discovered today that the Generator CB will pop in single player too. It reliably popped any time I turned on the two gun switches, then popped once again mid firing sequence.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #35
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
Well I've just discovered today that the Generator CB will pop in single player too. It reliably popped any time I turned on the two gun switches, then popped once again mid firing sequence.
Maby we are missing something here, maby some CB should be off, maby turning all CBs will make generator CB pop up eventualy,
Old 08-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #36
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
Yes, I have reported that in a separate thread. The Generator CB systematically pops up when you activate the Weapon Master switch. Plus, it pops up when you fire a very long burst.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 08-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #37
LeCuvier

Quote:
Maby we are missing something here, maby some CB should be off, maby turning all CBs will make generator CB pop up eventualy,
You mean the pilot was not supposed to switch his weapons ON? Come on, Graf Spee!

No, it's the developer(s) who missed something - or maybe overdid something.
The FW-190 was known to be a very robust and resilient plane. With the behaviours we are seeing here, it would not have been fit for the rough conditions it was to operate in.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #38
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
You mean the pilot was not supposed to switch his weapons ON? Come on, Graf Spee!

No, it's the developer(s) who missed something - or maybe overdid something.
The FW-190 was known to be a very robust and resilient plane. With the behaviours we are seeing here, it would not have been fit for the rough conditions it was to operate in.
Yes, i agree its developer who overdid something like engine in fw190 till recent patch and engine in p-51
i know where is this engine problems come from,Russia got extremly garbage aviation fuel, most of leand leased planes had lots off issues with this fuel.
Where in England spit was running fine in russia engine get blow to pices in seconds.
Since ED leech data from russian trials, no wonder that engines running high boosts are blowing apart, where german planes worked fine with that fuel.
Mystery solved why db605 run full power for ages and v-1650-7 run full power for 5 minutes and get blow to pieces

Last edited by grafspee; 08-22-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:36 PM   #39
Sydy

Guys,
I noticed that the problem is when the Engine is not hot enough. When the engine is bellow that mark close to 50C, the CBs pull. After the engine is warmed up, above 50C or so, no problem with the generator nor the battery and you may turn on the weapons.
My two cents!
All the best,
Sydy
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote