Deadman's A-10 C Cockpit Build - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #21
rocketeer

Reputation power: 17
rocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nice

Hey DM did you happen to know the actual dimension of the panel or it's just guess work? Looking very nice.

Same question to y2kiah for his wonderful panels.
I have no idea how big or small to make mine.
rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #22
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Witch panel?
I have a main instrument panel (DASH ) from an A-10 A and a fire handle housing /Glare shield for the A model. So many measurements are from the A model part then adjusted for the C model.

I all so have the main indicators ADI,HSI Altimeter, Air speed indicator and Rate of climb, IP-1310/ALR so the middle of the Dash is absolutely accurate.

Left and Right sides I have the Landing gear panel and the fuel panel for those known items I scaled the rest of the dash area for the MFCD to fit.

For the MFCD I used a combination of sources from pictures to the spec for other MFD. SO I am confident the MFCD Bezels are fairly accurate.

I just need to figure out how i will bevel the sides and bottom for a better viewing angle of the LCD panel and white lines.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #23
y2kiah

Reputation power: 18
y2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of light

I've been going on best information I can find. Mil specs when available, word of mouth next, then by eye or best estimation if all else fails. The side consoles are good to fit real panels.

It's the main instrument panel where I'm doing most of my guess work. Bottom line there is that right now I can only guarantee that my own parts fit my own panel. DM has the real parts to go from so his panel will be accurate in places that mine is not.
y2kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #24
rocketeer

Reputation power: 17
rocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nicerocketeer is just really nice

thanks guys for the quick reply. my question was generally for all panels, but more for the main panel. the side panels probably require less guess work than the main panel, as you can more or less tell the width required.

we know the dimension of the thrustmaster f-16 MFD. if that is roughly the same as that of the A-10C, then I guess we can extrapolate from the main panel picture the width of the panel? and even the height etc.
rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #25
Deadman
Veteran

Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Generally side panels are 5.75 inch wide The main panel dimensions I may publish later i am working on some thing now.
The F-16 MFD panel and the A-10 MFCD are totally different I am sorry I can't be more specific at this time just be patient. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer View Post
thanks guys for the quick reply. my question was generally for all panels, but more for the main panel. the side panels probably require less guess work than the main panel, as you can more or less tell the width required.

we know the dimension of the thrustmaster f-16 MFD. if that is roughly the same as that of the A-10C, then I guess we can extrapolate from the main panel picture the width of the panel? and even the height etc.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #26
Duckling

Reputation power: 14
Duckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura about

Hi DM. Complements on the progress and results. Inst pan looking great
Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #27
Deadman
Veteran

Thanks brother GUS
Old 09-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #28
Deadman
Veteran

Well guys no progress today I received another manual and well i basically have scoured it for parts number last nigh. Today we took the day off and the wife and i went part of The Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge to view Elk in Rut or their mating season here is a video from face book we were may be 100 meters from these animals the Video is not my work but shows the Elk well these bulls are very large.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1019445418070
Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #29
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 76
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Great start Deadman and hope the job situation sorts out.
As soon as my divorce is over and done with I'm starting my Typhoon project (man these things are costly...divorce as well as pit's lol)
Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #30
Deadman
Veteran

Hi guys up dates will be side tracked for a couple of more day i just got a couple of AN/ARC 186 radio control heads I need to figure out the connections for.

Tags
a-10c warthog, cockpit building, simulator