Deadman's A-10 C Cockpit Build - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Well I finished a few things including the Navigation mode select panel and back plate thing are fitting better

Last edited by Deadman; 09-21-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #12
Deadman
Veteran

Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

making some head way but the fonts on the EW panel keep loosing white I have no Idea why

Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
y2kiah

Reputation power: 18
y2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of light

it's looking good. text does the same thing on my panels, I have not found a way to prevent it yet
y2kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
Deadman
Veteran

I think it has to do with the type The Arial font on the RWR bezel is stable wile the the other is not
Old 09-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
y2kiah

Reputation power: 18
y2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of light

I use the same font on all of my panels, some are stable some aren't. I think it's mainly just a Z buffer issue. When I look at some panels open by themselves the text is rock solid, but the same panel incorporated in the large pit model shows z fighting.

Best I can tell it has something to do with the way the text was placed, and how it is dragged after being placed. When placing text directly onto a surface it's usually fine. If you use the measurement tool to place it at the intersection of two lines, it can cause problems. If you move the text only along one axis at a time, it stays fine. If you move diagonally or along multiple axes in a single motion, it causes problems. I fought with it for a long time trying to place the text right, then it turned out not to matter because as the pit model got more complicated, more z fighting started to show anyway, so I stopped trying.
y2kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
Deadman
Veteran

that will make ya pull your hair out thanks for the help I need to spread some rep and i will tag you
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
Deadman
Veteran

Well I got a few things done I want to get all the parts on the Main instrument panel before i get it cut at the sign shop but it should be soon

Old 09-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #18
Deadman
Veteran

Finally a start on the MFCD
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
SVK_Fox

Reputation power: 29
SVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of lightSVK_Fox is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to SVK_Fox

Deadman wish you luck with your cockpit.
SVK_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
Deadman
Veteran

Thanks Fox!! Its Good to see you still around

Tags
a-10c warthog, cockpit building, simulator