Deadman's A-10 C Cockpit Build - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Deadman's A-10 C Cockpit

Well there is no place to get the last parts I need for the change from the A-10A to the C model. y2kiah Has inspired me to do some work with Sketch up. I think it is coming along well here is a peek at what i have been working on for the last couple of days after being laid off. There is a local sign maker with a chc router I will see what he will charge to make the main instrument panel and the Fire handle holder.

Last edited by Deadman; 11-02-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
diveplane+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
diveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to beholddiveplane is a splendid one to behold

good luck with the cockpit build.
diveplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
hassata
Veteran

Reputation power: 116
hassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud of

Sry about the work situation
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
y2kiah

Reputation power: 18
y2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of lighty2kiah is a glorious beacon of light

sorry to hear about the job. but your instrument panel is looking really good.
y2kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Flim

Reputation power: 12
Flim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the rough

I'm curious to see what you come up with since you seem so particular about small details. ( not bad, I see it all the time with pilot's)

btw, the layoff sucks, and the bad part is it could be anyone based on our crappy economy. I hope you find a better replacement!

Last edited by Flim; 09-16-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Flim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Deadman
Veteran

Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Guys Scaling is a lot easier when you have some parts for an A-10A all ready.
The center and bottom of the Main instrument panel are scaled off a real panel for the A model. Real Gauges will fit at this time for the Big 5, the Fuel ,Landing gear panels will also fit. With the limited space in the panel I am looking for some cheep LCD to try and cut down to fit in the panel instead of behind

The Fire handle area was a pain in the but do to the curve but i think it will work made out of aluminum
Thanks DM
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Duckling

Reputation power: 14
Duckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura aboutDuckling has a spectacular aura about

Great start DM. Been waiting a long time for your thread (you know what I mean, nutch.. nutch.. :-)
Hope your situation clears up soon.

Cheers
Gus
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
Deadman
Veteran

Thanks Gus Hopefully i will be employed again soon!!! I need the A-10C main panel so As soon as i get a quote on the cutting cost I will get going on that then Design the basic cockpit lay out. thanks Dm
Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #9
NotiA10

Reputation power: 19
NotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really niceNotiA10 is just really nice

now you are getting serious D !!! The main panel is looking very good.

what about the projections system ? any further/new thoughts ?

cheers mate and talk to you soon,

NotiA10

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog
NotiA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #10
Deadman
Veteran

Personal I think if I get ahead of the release on the projection system I would more than likely just be wasting money Not know what will work or being able to try any thing.

I still think 3 to 4 home made projectors on the http://lumenlab.com/forums/ design with wide angel lenses for a short through and rear projection would rock

The main Instrument panel looks good but. I screwed up some of it and will have to remake it again for like the 6th time ahhh oh well I all so got a bit side tracked.

I received a copy of and older ACES II manual and have been scanning it but I am having no luck turning it in to a search-able PDF with book marks. Looking for a program and a tutorial the main problem is there are severial fold out pages that are larger than the others

Last edited by Deadman; 09-18-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Tags
a-10c warthog, cockpit building, simulator