RomeoKilo's Pit - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #21
Milli

Reputation power: 12
Milli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really nice

Truly a work of art.
Milli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #22
romeokilo

Reputation power: 7
romeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the rough

Paint done!
Painted with a roller and brush. Color is 'Moxa' from the Dulux 'Wash and Wear' line in Australia.
4 coats, sanded in between and the final coat through an airbrush.
Then I masked it all up, and the Glaresheild was sprayed with a Rustoleum matte black can.
I may break out the airbrush and do some shading and weathering later one down the track.

The rear panels for the TISL and Fuse Panel. I havent engraved the top panels yet, its next on the list.

Monitor fitted-

And all the panels on.
I had to move the monitor slightly to the right so it would clear the rear of the landing gear lever mechanism. Because of that ill need to route a new path in the rear of the MIP to run the USB cable for the right thrustmaster, hence why its hanging out in the pics.

I mirrored the HARS fast erect switch to do a sim pause button. Plan is to hide a lot of the DCS controls in panels that are not used (TISL, the Monitor Test on the SAS panel etc etc). All sim stuff with be back lit in white rather than green to make it easy to identify.

I haven't wired up any of the panels yet- but i started up a profile in Helios to get it running-

I was worried about the thick bezel spacing from the monitor to some of my panels- I'm not now. I'm happy
Still lots to do though...

Last edited by romeokilo; 02-27-2016 at 02:35 PM.
romeokilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #23
Flim

Reputation power: 12
Flim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the roughFlim is a jewel in the rough

Very good job! Nice pit room....
Flim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:20 AM   #24
streakeagle

Reputation power: 10
streakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nice

That looks amazing! I would love to have the time, tools, and patience to produce that level of quality. All of my wood work is on a garage floor using a circular saw, a jig saw, a drill, and a router with cinderblock and or wood scraps for supports.

I would like to do something like this, but in a way where the entire front panel/bezel can slide out and be replaced by panels for different kinds of aircraft, with a usb cable dangling for hooking up the controls.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:03 AM   #25
LynxDK

Reputation power: 3
LynxDK has a spectacular aura aboutLynxDK has a spectacular aura aboutLynxDK has a spectacular aura about

Looking Really Good

LynxDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #26
agrasyuk

Reputation power: 21
agrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of light

That is shaping up very nicely.

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:17 AM   #27
romeokilo

romeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone.

Holidays are over and I am back at work so progress has slowed, however;

The side consoles have been ordered and are being cut from Ply and MDF. I should have then in a couple of weeks.

I have just ordered one of those cheap Arduino Uno kits from eBay to start experimenting with DCS-BIOS.

I've also ordered a Mega2560R3 and a whole bunch of diodes in order to make one of overpro's HID controllers which will run the CDU and UFC.
I'm playing around in diptrace and designing a matrix PCB for them. I will get those manufactured by an online service rather than making it myself.

Here is the prototype flaps guage. The needle is temporary- the end product will be back lit and much nicer. I've had a Phidgets single servo controller for ages and am trying to get it running via Helios now- not working so far but ill keep at it.
romeokilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #28
Warhog

Warhog is a jewel in the roughWarhog is a jewel in the roughWarhog is a jewel in the roughWarhog is a jewel in the roughWarhog is a jewel in the roughWarhog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokilo View Post
Thanks everyone.

Holidays are over and I am back at work so progress has slowed, however;

The side consoles have been ordered and are being cut from Ply and MDF. I should have then in a couple of weeks.

I have just ordered one of those cheap Arduino Uno kits from eBay to start experimenting with DCS-BIOS.

I've also ordered a Mega2560R3 and a whole bunch of diodes in order to make one of overpro's HID controllers which will run the CDU and UFC.
I'm playing around in diptrace and designing a matrix PCB for them. I will get those manufactured by an online service rather than making it myself.

Here is the prototype flaps guage. The needle is temporary- the end product will be back lit and much nicer. I've had a Phidgets single servo controller for ages and am trying to get it running via Helios now- not working so far but ill keep at it.
Try DCS-BIOS for the servo and you won't need the phidgets controller. Don't power the servo from the Arduino board though. The servo will use more current than the board can supply.

When you see how easy DCS-BIOS is to use, you may not want to build that switch matrix after all.

Pictures of my A10C Cockpit Panels under Construction:
http://s221.photobucket.com/user/MRA...ckpit%20Panels

"NEW PHOTOS" http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Pi...?sort=2&page=1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jfwall/

=31st Combined Operations Group=
A10C Warthog/UH-1 Huey
Warhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #29
Cali
Veteran

Reputation power: 84
Cali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to beholdCali is a splendid one to behold

Nice looking pit!

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #30
agrasyuk

Reputation power: 21
agrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of light

Somehow I missed this build. Really nice indeed! Looking forward to see more.

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote