RomeoKilo's Pit - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #171
romeokilo

Reputation power: 7
romeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the rough

Headrest re designed, not 100% realistic but does the job.

Still sanding and filling the bolsters on the back.

Made the seat base itself more for comfort than realism. It will be covered in foam and wrapped in a suitable material.

The front parts will be built up from high density foam.

Still working out the parachute container, oxygen bottle, hoses and fabricating brackets from sheet metal.

And still waiting on the eBay shocks to try the arming handle.

Lots still to go on the seat but I'm happy so far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
romeokilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #172
romeokilo

romeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the rough

Got the eBay shocks and the idea works!

I used ones with internal springs so it's nice and clean. Snaps to either position well.

The lever is just a place holder for prototyping. Final one will look more realistic.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #173
Hansolo

Reputation power: 13
Hansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really nice

Very neat solution there Romeokilo Do you have a link for that damper? Keep up the good work Sir.

Cheers
Hans
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #174
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Looks very good
Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #175
Stang

Reputation power: 0
Stang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Romeokilo,

Looks like everything is working out and coming together. I really like your comfort solution and the Arming handle activation looks like a winner.

Here's a tip for your seat that you may already know.

On the Lower Side Supports, you can round off the edges of the bulges to give it a "formed" look.

See below for what I mean.

Let me know if you have questions.

Keep up the great work!

Old 09-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #176
romeokilo

Seat had a rough coat of paint before the detail starts going on. I'm happy so far.

Next up- sanding and filling minor imperfections before rivets detail goes on with upholstery nails.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #177
Stang

Stang is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks Fantastic!!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #178
romeokilo

The seat is coming along.

I decided my modification to the headrest made it way to flimsy, as I realised it will be human nature to grab at it when climbing in.

I cut the whole thing off and am redesigning it to incorporate the chute container as well as working belt rollers.

I have now become tired of wood, paint and power tools so have taken a break from the seat for now...

Fired up the soldering iron and got to work on panels.

CMSP is 95% finished and I love it.
It now fully operational in the sim.

I've learnt a few things-

1) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.
2) DCS BIOS is easier than it looks.
3) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.

Its running via an Arduino Uno for the display, switches and rotary however I ran out of pins, so the seven tactile buttons are running off the GGG card in the ELEC PWR panel.

Only thing left to do on this panel is glue on the switch top replicas, repair the genuine knob with some paint and try to remember where I put the green transparent plastic cover for the OLED.

Also-

The CDU and UFC are almost at the same stage but unfortunately I'm just waiting on some more tactile buttons on the slow boat from china before I can get them back together.

The TACAN and ILS panels are finished and working on breadboard, however after playing with and loving the I2C OLED on the CMSP I'm considering redesigning them completely, ditching the 1602 LCDs and using a smaller OLED as well.

The Radio Stack is also now working on breadboard, just trying to work out how I'm going to do the dual digit preset channel displays, preferably without having to do up my own PCBs.

Last edited by romeokilo; 10-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #179
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

beautiful work as always !!!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #180
Ganeshka

Ganeshka can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokilo View Post
The seat is coming along.

I decided my modification to the headrest made it way to flimsy, as I realised it will be human nature to grab at it when climbing in.

I cut the whole thing off and am redesigning it to incorporate the chute container as well as working belt rollers.

I have now become tired of wood, paint and power tools so have taken a break from the seat for now...

Fired up the soldering iron and got to work on panels.

CMSP is 95% finished and I love it.
It now fully operational in the sim.

I've learnt a few things-

1) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.
2) DCS BIOS is easier than it looks.
3) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.

Its running via an Arduino Uno for the display, switches and rotary however I ran out of pins, so the seven tactile buttons are running off the GGG card in the ELEC PWR panel.

Only thing left to do on this panel is glue on the switch top replicas, repair the genuine knob with some paint and try to remember where I put the green transparent plastic cover for the OLED.

Also-

The CDU and UFC are almost at the same stage but unfortunately I'm just waiting on some more tactile buttons on the slow boat from china before I can get them back together.

The TACAN and ILS panels are finished and working on breadboard, however after playing with and loving the I2C OLED on the CMSP I'm considering redesigning them completely, ditching the 1602 LCDs and using a smaller OLED as well.

The Radio Stack is also now working on breadboard, just trying to work out how I'm going to do the dual digit preset channel displays, preferably without having to do up my own PCBs.
Amazing Can you show backlight ? it's inside 2 acril panel ? can you show this sandwich please
Ganeshka is offline   Reply With Quote