DCS-BIOS: Overview and Announcements - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #11
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 12
[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
please please anyone! (cough cough, mr [FSF]Ian) please include airspeed in the common data!
Not going to happen, unless you can show me a piece of Lua code that can get the airspeed in any aircraft. The CommonData module is only for those pieces of data that can be reliably retrieved independent of the aircraft type.

Also, please read the first post of this thread. It's meant for release announcements only, to give people a low-traffic thread to subscribe to. For questions, open a new thread. For general discussion, use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread.
[FSF]Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:44 AM   #12
hannibal

Reputation power: 20
hannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FSF]Ian View Post
Not going to happen, unless you can show me a piece of Lua code that can get the airspeed in any aircraft. The CommonData module is only for those pieces of data that can be reliably retrieved independent of the aircraft type.

Also, please read the first post of this thread. It's meant for release announcements only, to give people a low-traffic thread to subscribe to. For questions, open a new thread. For general discussion, use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread.
sorry my friend, i thought this was the DCS BIOS Discussion Thread! my mistake! and thank you for the reply.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #13
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice

Released DCS-BIOS v0.5.0 and the DCS-BIOS Arduino Library v0.2.0.

There have been some changes from previous versions.

The baud rate for serial communication is now 250000 bps. You should adapt your old sketches to the new version of the Arduino library and reflash your boards.

Using the new version of the Arduino library is a bit simpler, because all communication code is now provided by the library by default. You can select which variant of that code you want by defining a preprocessor macro before including DcsBios.h.
Here's the new MasterCaution example:

Code:
/* use '#define DCSBIOS_DEFAULT_SERIAL' instead if your Arduino board
 *  does not feature an ATMega328 or ATMega2650 controller.
 */
#define DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL
#include "DcsBios.h"

DcsBios::Switch2Pos lampTestBtn("LAMP_TEST_BTN", 10);
DcsBios::LED nmspIlsLed(0x1112, 0x0020, 13);

void setup() {
  DcsBios::setup();
}

void loop() {
  DcsBios::loop();
}
By defining DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL, we select the new interrupt-driven communication handling. You should always use this if possible (it only works on ATMega328 and ATMega2560 controllers). For other Arduino-compatible boards, you can define DCSBIOS_DEFAULT_SERIAL to fall back to the standard Serial class.

You need to call DcsBios::setup() and DcsBios::loop() from your setup() and loop() functions respectively.

RS-485 support is included, but not documented yet beyond what I had mentioned in the DCS-BIOS discussion thread in post #194.

As always, please create a new thread for any questions and use the DCS-BIOS Discussion thread for general comments. This thread is meant as a low-traffic thing for people to subscribe to and is reserved for release announcements of DCS-BIOS related software.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #14
weeb

Reputation power: 4
weeb will become famous soon enoughweeb will become famous soon enough

Ian does that affect Developer Mode in Chrome?. Reference docs, does that need to be updated to latest library. Just asking because I'm sure some others will be asking the same but they may not be happy about asking. Cheers m8
Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.
weeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Released v0.2.1 of the Arduino library.

This update only has a minor change: the MasterCaution example sketch has been fixed.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #16
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Released v0.2.2 of the Arduino library.
  • fix a bug with the dirty bit logic in Int16Buffer. If no previous updates had been received (e.g. when the Arduino had just started up), a data update from DCS-BIOS that tried to set the value to zero would not mark the data as dirty, so getUpdatedData() would still return false.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #17
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Released v0.2.3 of the Arduino library.

This fixes a bug that would lead to some outputs not working when combined with certain other outputs in the same sketch.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #18
Ghost46

Reputation power: 0
Ghost46 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ian

My name is Ian aswell I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you put into DCS BIOS, this is a crazy amount of information and will be so much help for my project.

I have some issues getting simple things to work tho.
I think i was able to manage to install DCS Bios library and all. moved scripts and lua file. Worked out fine. I hooked up an LCD, working with hello world and tried to run the code for UHF/Clock display.

i adapted the COM-port in the BAT file, however all i get is this:

Couldnt compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

do you have any idea what i am doing wrong. thanks so much guys

cheers
Ghost46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #19
erjdriver

Reputation power: 6
erjdriver is on a distinguished road

Looked at the github project and I think I could use this.

For now just planning on DCS-BIOS - not the arduino library.

Few questions...

1. The export data stream format - is that a DCS-BIOS format or DCS.

2. My understanding from the docs, is that the export data stream will only contain data/switches that got changed...so how does one initialize the program (and the displayed switches/buttons) when using DCS-BIOS when the mission starts.

3. Looking at the sample python project, you have the following line.

Where are the offsets, masks for all the switches defined?

Code:
# address = 0x10e4, mask = 0x3800, shift_by = 11                                cmspMode = IntegerBuffer(parser, 0x10e4, 0x3800, 11, lambda i: print("CMSP MODE: ", i))

Thanks and appreciate the work put into this project.
erjdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:05 AM   #20
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjdriver View Post
Looked at the github project and I think I could use this.

For now just planning on DCS-BIOS - not the arduino library.

Few questions...

1. The export data stream format - is that a DCS-BIOS format or DCS.

2. My understanding from the docs, is that the export data stream will only contain data/switches that got changed...so how does one initialize the program (and the displayed switches/buttons) when using DCS-BIOS when the mission starts.

3. Looking at the sample python project, you have the following line.

Where are the offsets, masks for all the switches defined?

Code:
# address = 0x10e4, mask = 0x3800, shift_by = 11                                cmspMode = IntegerBuffer(parser, 0x10e4, 0x3800, 11, lambda i: print("CMSP MODE: ", i))

Thanks and appreciate the work put into this project.
Short answers:
1. The data format is specific to DCS-BIOS.
2. If you are already listening to the export data stream when the mission starts, the very first update will include everything -- nothing has been transmitted before, so everything is considered to have changed. If you miss that first update, your application will be up-to-date within about ten seconds anyway, as DCS-BIOS deliberately re-sends some of the unchanged data with each update packet.
3. Set the Control Reference Documentation to "Advanced" view.

Please create a new topic for things like this in the future (or if you have follow-up questions). This thread is for release announcements only, for two reasons:
a) I wanted to give people a low-traffic thread to watch with the "subscribe to this thread" function
b) I hate monster-threads in general, because I have wasted time in the past answering questions I knew I had answered before, but writing it down again took less time than finding the old answer in a thread of 30+ pages (and it starts to get really annoying when two or three discussions are going on at the same time in the same forum thread)

There is also the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread for feedback and general discussion (i.e. anything that I won't have to find again in the future to link to someone else).