Open Source Helios - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #21
Capt Zeen
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 7
Capt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
Capt Zeen
There is an old American saying: "No good deed goes unpunished." To put this saying in proper context, now that you have given the community your Helios profiles for BS, SU25T and the soon to be completed F15C (for which I am sure every one thanks you), what about your doing a SU 27 profile now that DCS has produced a new campaign?

Do you believe that your SU25T profile could be used as a basis for the SU27 profile if I want to attempt it on my own?
Width the su25t profile you can fly others russian aircrafts.
You can aswell fly width the f15 but the dials are in metric system not imperial.
Width the new f15c one, everything is imperial, and extra data is exported to the profile.

Make a profile for Su27 can be very easy, just adapting from the su25t and implementing new features from the f15c one.

But i am thinking to try to do something more especial right now, perhaps P51 or Mi-8, i wanna now how far i can go width those ones.
Capt Zeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #22
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Zeen View Post
But i am thinking to try to do something more especial right now, perhaps P51 or Mi-8, i wanna now how far i can go width those ones.
An Mi-8 profile, at the level you achieve, would be epic!!
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #23
sobe

Reputation power: 0
sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Capt Zeen
Any chance of you including in your F15 profile the hidden radio feature that is in Loz's A10 profile? This stuff might be easy for you, but I find Helios programing a dead end.
See below
If you use TM Warthog HOTAS with this profile you will notice that the Fuel Contents and Engine Instrument panel disappear when you select the Mic button UP,FWD, DWN or AFT. This is an intentional part of the profile as I use it, because you can get the Radio Messaging menu for VHF AM, UHF and VHF FM to appear in the black space when the Panels disappear. (By pressing Mic Up, the panel is then replaced.) This allows you, depending on your type of monitor, to either use the Mouse or the Touchscreen to make your Radio calls. It works very well but you have to change some of the /Eagle Dynamics/DCS A-10C/FUI/Resources/Radio .res files as per this guide. http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/84648/
On my setup, I have fixed the position that it will appear on my monitor, made it clickable/touchable, and changed the font size to make it easier to read and operate and I have included my menu.res file
(Again, do bear in mind, this is for my resolution and will need adjusting if your res is not identical)
If you don't want to use this, then it is just a case of going to the input bindings for the Fuel Gauge panel and Engine Instruments and under "toggle hidden" remove those for Button 3, 4, 5, and 6. Then it won't disappear.
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #24
bengo

Reputation power: 28
bengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I want to use Helios on a laptop with 24" touchscreen, and send the commands over my network to DCS on my desktop.
Unfortunately the Helios-forums are down so I'm trouble finding info on how to do that.
So I'm looking for a link or a pdf that describes how to do this.
Thanks.
i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

bengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #25
Gadroc

Reputation power: 26
Gadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of light

bengo,

Install helios on both computers. On your flight sim computer open the profile editor and create a new profile. Add the A-10C interface to it. Enter the ip address of your laptop and click setup DCS A-10C. You can now close helios and you don't need to run it on the flight sim pc.

Open helios on the laptop and create your profile. Add the A-10C interface to it. You don't need to click setup DCS on this machine. Configure your profile and bind to A-10C as needed.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:09 PM   #26
bengo

bengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of lightbengo is a glorious beacon of light

Works as advertised !
Thank you Gadroc, for Helios and your support.
i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Old 01-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #27
bengo

Okay, next question.
I'm using Helios as explained above : on a separate laptop with a touchscreen. I want to add some pushbuttons (F1 to F12) so I can use them to interact with the radio menus.
So I've pasted a button on the existing profile. I select it (outlined green) I then go to the bindings-window at the bottom and select the "output"-tab. In the "Actions"-window I select "Interface", then "Keyboard". Then I drag "send keys" over to the "pushed"-item in "Bindings"-window. In the "Properties"-window I type "{F1} in the blank bar. I've left Value source at Static Value.
Obviously, that's not the way to go about it because it doesn't work. So how do I get it to work right ?

Old 01-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #28
Gadroc

Reputation power: 26
Gadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of light

Unfortunately Helios does not currently send keyboard actions remotely. You can bind anything to the DCS A-10C Interface... but any bindings to keyboard are to the local keyboard not the one running on the DCS computer.

Some people have worked around this in various ways (screen sharing applications, etc...)
Old 01-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #29
OverDhill

Reputation power: 5
OverDhill is on a distinguished road

When I ran a networked PC I used a small app from Pittools for sending key commands from one PC to another. It worked well

http://gigurra.se/gurrasPitTools/
OverDhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #30
bengo

Too bad, Gadroc.
Thanks for the tip OverDhill.