Open Source Helios - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 AM   #11
Gadroc

Reputation power: 26
Gadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of light

I understand that. Extracting data from the sim is not straight forward and requires a lot of train an error to interpret the values correctly. My intention is right now to make Helios a client to DCS-BIOS but still drive EOS via Helios and not connect DCS-BIOS straight to the Arduinos. This will allow me to drive out of game logic with the hardware switches easier.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
Snacko

Reputation power: 12
Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadroc View Post
Ugh.. It's been able to do that from the beginning. Every profile has a keyboard interface in it be default.
Hmm. I remember looking for it, but couldn't figure it out. I didn't see any profiles for anything but DCS and Falcon 4 on your site.. And so I asked a friend (OverDhill) who uses it for IL2 and he said he used a bunch of different software somehow to get it to work. I found what he did so confusing.. But I do see your keyboard interface now. I'll just have to figure it out.

EDIT:
Took me about 20 minutes to get it working. Sweet!!

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Last edited by Snacko; 01-06-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
OverDhill

Reputation power: 5
OverDhill is on a distinguished road

Snacko I was using the Keyboard interface but at the time I was doing so on a networks PC so I had to use an app that sent keystrokes from one PC to another. I now use a second monitor hooked directly to my main PC so that is not an issue now.

Thanks Gadroc for releasing it to Open Source.

Personally I would love to see the P-51, 190 and the 109 get added for gauges.
OverDhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
Snacko

Reputation power: 12
Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Is your IL2 profile in Gadroc's Download library? I didn't see it when I looked today.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #15
OverDhill

Reputation power: 5
OverDhill is on a distinguished road

Not sure it made it there as I never finished it before my touchscreen went belly up and I decided to build my new pit with button panels. So for IL-2 1946 I use some UDPSpeed skins on the 19". For IL-2 Cliffs of Dover I use Virtual Cockpit and a selection of custom skins for each type of plane. That works very well.

My IL-2 1946 skin used part Helios (for buttons) and UDPSpeed gauges. So the Helios profile for it was not all that complicated.

Check out this thread for more details. Don't want to get OT

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/1...rtual-cockpit/
OverDhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
Capt Zeen
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 7
Capt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the rough

Hello all.
As you all know, i have some experience making helios profiles for dcs.
I used the program enought to help improving helios, mainly in art and usage aspects.
In my hours using it, i found several aspects than can be improved.
My main skills are artistics, (i work as lead artist in a videogame studio) but i got some programmer knowledge aswell.
Let me know if you need my help.
Capt Zeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #17
sobe

Reputation power: 0
sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Capt Zeen and/or Snacko
I have only used ready made Helios profiles as I find the program a little confusing to do anything on my own. I, and I am sure a number of others, would appreciate if one or both of you would provide a simple set of instructions to do a Helios profile for the F15 or Mig 21 or anything else. Perhaps Capt Zeen could just explain how he did the SU 25t as a tutorial. I would be willing to do my own profiles (with generic panel art) if some would just show me how to do it. The youtube videos confusing.
Thanks
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #18
Capt Zeen
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 7
Capt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the roughCapt Zeen is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
Capt Zeen and/or Snacko
I have only used ready made Helios profiles as I find the program a little confusing to do anything on my own. I, and I am sure a number of others, would appreciate if one or both of you would provide a simple set of instructions to do a Helios profile for the F15 or Mig 21 or anything else. Perhaps Capt Zeen could just explain how he did the SU 25t as a tutorial. I would be willing to do my own profiles (with generic panel art) if some would just show me how to do it. The youtube videos confusing.
Thanks

Hello Sobe!
i got almost finished my F15C profile, (i just returned today from holidays) I hope finished it in several days. The 16:10 version is allready terminated but need to work in the 16:9 version.

You can take a look on it in my new web page:

http://www.miguelangelcarrillo.com/m...lios/F-15C.asp

Hope you like it
Capt Zeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #19
agrasyuk

Reputation power: 21
agrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of light

I'm offering my help on this project. well that is in case my skills can be of help at all.
I am quite senior SQA engineer specializing in test and process automation. i Know "where software comes from", familiar with SDLC and development methodologies. I think i do have some understanding of how DCS works as far exporting/importing.

with that all coding i've done so far are from QA perspective, quite a different mindset. i'm not sure i can take on any of the outlined tasks myself, but willing to learn and work under mentor/team-lead, preforming side tasks perhaps.

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #20
sobe

Reputation power: 0
sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Capt Zeen
There is an old American saying: "No good deed goes unpunished." To put this saying in proper context, now that you have given the community your Helios profiles for BS, SU25T and the soon to be completed F15C (for which I am sure every one thanks you), what about your doing a SU 27 profile now that DCS has produced a new campaign?

Do you believe that your SU25T profile could be used as a basis for the SU27 profile if I want to attempt it on my own?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote