Open Source Helios - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
=AN=Ripper

Reputation power: 7
=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to =AN=Ripper
Default Open Source Helios

Good news from Gadroc.

Open Source Helios

Submitted by Gadroc on Sat, 01/03/2015 - 18:51

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/node/19119#comment-form

Source code for Helios is now available for people to look at and start working on extensions, mods and updates. You can find the code on github (https://github.com/Gadroc/helios). I would ask that we try and keep it centralized. Fork the repository and setup a pull request for your changes. I'd rather not see a bunch of distributions. Consider the master tree beta for 1.5 of helios. No new features but a few bug fixes and cleaned out all DRM and consolidated all the modules a little cleaner. There is still a decent amount of cruft.

I am working on a new website and thinking through how I would like to co-ordinate a roadmap for features / design changes. I have about 5 different source trees where I've started rewriting different sections of the code.

A few of the main lines of work that need to be done:
1) Revisit the configuration and plugin management systems. These could be cleaned up and streamlined a bit. Plug-ins should have an initialization routine and central interface to create things, instead of each control and interface being annotated. This is necessary for a few beta things I have around spurning saitek IPS modules.
2) Create a Helios rendering API instead of residing straight on top of WPF.
3) Implement rendering API on top of DirectDraw or Direct3D
4) Implement remote rendering into rendering API (to support remote screens like iOS, Android and Raspberry Pi rendering clients)
5) Create a gauge composer to allow anyone to create the graphics to create new gauges with out coding.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
agrasyuk

Reputation power: 21
agrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of light

Good news indeed

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
Snacko

Reputation power: 12
Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Yes, very good news.

I personally would like to see Helios be able to simply send keystrokes so you could use it with other games.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
Thick8

Reputation power: 5
Thick8 has a spectacular aura aboutThick8 has a spectacular aura aboutThick8 has a spectacular aura about

Very cool. I couldn't fly without Helios. I have all the planes but only fly the A-10c. It will be very cool if I can start using for all the aircraft.
I have one request. Would someone please make the radios work again? I hate having to pull my mouse down to set frequencies.
Thanks.
John
FX8350 @ 5Ghz (234x21.5) 1.525v on a Sabertooth 99FX R2--2 XFX R9 290 DD @ 1175/1475 with Aquacomputer full cover blocks and active backplates-- Swiftech Apogee Drive II pump/CPU block--Anfi-tec Mosfet, NB, and SB motherboard blocks--XSPC memory block--16Gb (2x8GB) Corsair DDR1866 9-10-9-24-41---Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground
3 Coby 39" 1080p (main view)

1 Planar 22" 1080p Touchscreen (Helios)
TM:WH, Saitek pedals, too many panels
Thick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
Gadroc

Reputation power: 26
Gadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
Yes, very good news.

I personally would like to see Helios be able to simply send keystrokes so you could use it with other games.
Ugh.. It's been able to do that from the beginning. Every profile has a keyboard interface in it be default.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
s1man

Reputation power: 0
s1man is on a distinguished road

This is great news indeed
After all the hard work Gadroc put in i would love to see a number of people take up the challenge of helping out on this project.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #7
=AN=Ripper

Reputation power: 7
=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about=AN=Ripper has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to =AN=Ripper

I'm looking forward to see all capacity of the library's EOS
Old 01-06-2015, 01:36 AM   #8
Gadroc

Reputation power: 26
Gadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of lightGadroc is a glorious beacon of light

A great start would be someone wanting to help with DCS BIOS integration and extending DCS BIOS to do BlackShark and FC3 (Limited Data Available but can pull some sim data).
Old 01-06-2015, 01:38 AM   #9
sobe

Reputation power: 0
sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

and the Mig 21 and the F86 (or am I asking for to much?)
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:22 AM   #10
[FSF]Ian
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 12
[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice[FSF]Ian is just really nice

Gadroc: I'll certainly help with DCS-BIOS integration wherever I can. I did some VB.NET programming a few years ago, so reading, understanding and debugging C# should not be that big a leap from there. Writing maintainable code that adheres to best practices is another matter of course...

For DCS-BIOS, my priority right now is to create some form of documentation (written tutorial and/or video) on how to add another aircraft module. So far, I have been contacted via PM by people who are interested in contributing Me-109 and Mig-21 support.

My problem is that there is a lot of information to convey and I am still struggling to bring it into a linear form.
I also want to implement some small changes (make it possible to assign several export modules per aircraft) before I document the process.
[FSF]Ian is offline   Reply With Quote