RomeoKilo's Pit - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 04:50 AM   #171
Hansolo

Very neat solution there Romeokilo Do you have a link for that damper? Keep up the good work Sir.

Cheers
Hans
Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 AM   #172
Deadman
Veteran

Looks very good
Old 09-22-2017, 05:56 AM   #173
romeokilo

Seat had a rough coat of paint before the detail starts going on. I'm happy so far.

Next up- sanding and filling minor imperfections before rivets detail goes on with upholstery nails.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
romeokilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #174
romeokilo

The seat is coming along.

I decided my modification to the headrest made it way to flimsy, as I realised it will be human nature to grab at it when climbing in.

I cut the whole thing off and am redesigning it to incorporate the chute container as well as working belt rollers.

I have now become tired of wood, paint and power tools so have taken a break from the seat for now...

Fired up the soldering iron and got to work on panels.

CMSP is 95% finished and I love it.
It now fully operational in the sim.

I've learnt a few things-

1) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.
2) DCS BIOS is easier than it looks.
3) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.

Its running via an Arduino Uno for the display, switches and rotary however I ran out of pins, so the seven tactile buttons are running off the GGG card in the ELEC PWR panel.

Only thing left to do on this panel is glue on the switch top replicas, repair the genuine knob with some paint and try to remember where I put the green transparent plastic cover for the OLED.

Also-

The CDU and UFC are almost at the same stage but unfortunately I'm just waiting on some more tactile buttons on the slow boat from china before I can get them back together.

The TACAN and ILS panels are finished and working on breadboard, however after playing with and loving the I2C OLED on the CMSP I'm considering redesigning them completely, ditching the 1602 LCDs and using a smaller OLED as well.

The Radio Stack is also now working on breadboard, just trying to work out how I'm going to do the dual digit preset channel displays, preferably without having to do up my own PCBs.

Last edited by romeokilo; 10-14-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #175
Deadman
Veteran

beautiful work as always !!!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #176
Ganeshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokilo View Post
The seat is coming along.

I decided my modification to the headrest made it way to flimsy, as I realised it will be human nature to grab at it when climbing in.

I cut the whole thing off and am redesigning it to incorporate the chute container as well as working belt rollers.

I have now become tired of wood, paint and power tools so have taken a break from the seat for now...

Fired up the soldering iron and got to work on panels.

CMSP is 95% finished and I love it.
It now fully operational in the sim.

I've learnt a few things-

1) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.
2) DCS BIOS is easier than it looks.
3) DCS BIOS is f'n brilliant.

Its running via an Arduino Uno for the display, switches and rotary however I ran out of pins, so the seven tactile buttons are running off the GGG card in the ELEC PWR panel.

Only thing left to do on this panel is glue on the switch top replicas, repair the genuine knob with some paint and try to remember where I put the green transparent plastic cover for the OLED.

Also-

The CDU and UFC are almost at the same stage but unfortunately I'm just waiting on some more tactile buttons on the slow boat from china before I can get them back together.

The TACAN and ILS panels are finished and working on breadboard, however after playing with and loving the I2C OLED on the CMSP I'm considering redesigning them completely, ditching the 1602 LCDs and using a smaller OLED as well.

The Radio Stack is also now working on breadboard, just trying to work out how I'm going to do the dual digit preset channel displays, preferably without having to do up my own PCBs.
Amazing Can you show backlight ? it's inside 2 acril panel ? can you show this sandwich please
Ganeshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:02 AM   #177
Mr_Burns

That panel is a work of art!
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #178
romeokilo

Thanks lads.

CMSP Finished!

Amazing the difference a simple piece of green plastic can make when put over a white OLED.

Also hot glued on Lynx's replica switch tops and changed the Allen key bolt for a black painted Phillips head screw as on the real one. I'll paint the knob later on when I do them all.

Big thanks to Duckling for sending me the green cellophane/plastic as a freeby.

I've got the CMSC on the bench now and working in the sim.

Unfortunately my damaged OLED has gotten worse so I've bought a new one to replace it before I unveil it on here.

Safe to say I'm happy with it...

For anyone chasing them the seller (who is also the manufacturer) has put more up on eBay. The 20x2's are usually hard to find. Item number 131059330863.

Next on the workbench- the Radio Stack. It's a mess of solder and wire that one...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #179
agrasyuk

Awesome!

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #180
Hansolo

Beautiful work as always RomeoKilo. Looks awesome with the real jettison switch, knob and flat heads inserts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokilo View Post
I have been looking at that as well. I think I'll just drop in a Mega on that panel.

Keep up the good work Sir

Cheers
Hans