Can an AI recon aircraft "follow" a ground group?

Darcaem

So... yeah, that's exactly what the FAC - assign group command does... :music_whistling: Sorry, long day :)

-------

Hi. I'm totally lost here, I've googled around a little bit and checked Moose's clases, but I do not know where to actually start looking :book:

My goal is to have a Predator (for example) track a group of insurgent pickups. Ideally, the Predator would communicate to a client CAS aircraft its location.

So I have two objectives:

1.- The main goal: How can I make an AI aircraft track, follow or "mantain visual contact" with a moving ground group?

2.- Secondary: How can that aircraft transmit its location?

I would like to play around with the C101CC, so no DataLink. I was thinking of just making a LUA method via F10 menu to just get the drone's coordinates and my coordinates to calculate an approximate bearing and range, simulating a FAC giving me instructions. I think that is easy enough. Any better idea?

And the idea is that initial location and route are random (more or less), so I wouldn't want to "fake" it setting a pre-planned route for the Predator with waypoints over the expected area (unless there is no better way).

Thanks for any piece of advice!

EDIT: actually, point 2 is absurd. I can use the AFAC task preciselly for that ^^ The only problem is, how can I make the AFAC AI aircraft to follow the moving ground group?

Edited by Darcaem