The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

Does this server not support tacview? I looked at my file after i was done an it just showed me, not others.

Yes, I upload manually to this folder: https://goo.gl/fz56g1

Upload - 24 hours. Use it as collected intel returned from units and pilots that have been processed. This will show location of ground units but you must use the live map to check if the objective have changed side or are under attack. Tacview files can also be used to locate downed pilots and make up a rescue plan but use the F10 menu to ask for downed pilot status. Have fun :thumbup:

EDIT: And please don't fly with Tacview up for location. Make notes or a plan and fly according to that.

Edited by HiJack

EDIT: And please don't fly with Tacview up for location. Make notes or a plan and fly according to that.

Are units also shown in tacview? Anyway I personally support steep learning curves in non-professional environments, but unfortunately this isn't TKO. This is one of the most intelligent missions ever built for DCS multiplayer environment in which I'm sad to see data spill to anyone else than to admins. I enjoy the most when I don't know who/what hit me or who/what I've hit. The amount of info we receive in this "sim" is very unreal. According to that I usually take an obsolete aircraft that is destined to fail against competition, with an exception only when higher interests are present. Take this as exaggerating or just my two cents about the thing that we do.

As it seems, the best CAP plane on the Blue side, seems to be the A-10 xD. Around 7 kills between 3 jets xD in 1-2 hours time

;)

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Just an idea; Having been shot down many, many times, maybe losing money when you die (half or all) would be adequate as a punishment? The 5 lives thing is still OK but It would make me feel less OK about my regularly neglecting to keep myself in safer skies when attacking... Or $10,000 per life?

It's probably been discussed before and I can imagine it would be a pain in the arse to setup...

Are units also shown in tacview? Anyway I personally support steep learning curves in non-professional environments, but unfortunately this isn't TKO. This is one of the most intelligent missions ever built for DCS multiplayer environment in which I'm sad to see data spill to anyone else than to admins. I enjoy the most when I don't know who/what hit me or who/what I've hit. The amount of info we receive in this "sim" is very unreal. According to that I usually take an obsolete aircraft that is destined to fail against competition, with an exception only when higher interests are present. Take this as exaggerating or just my two cents about the thing that we do.

I can stop publishing Tacview files and post them after the round is finished. No problem. :thumbup:

Don’t both sides have EWR??

Edited by MacTheGoon

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

GG Blue BOIS.

f58418a62e42cf196610bc985d03f53e.jpg

P.S

As we were capturing the last objective, the server crashed or restarted without warning. But we won. They had only 2 obj. So yeah, we just left afterwards. Seems like reds capped back a bit, but we won.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

?

i was there, there were 8-9 players on the server, 1-2 red ( including me ), all the other were on blue side and didn t want to switch.

i don t think it is such an achievement...

First of all there was more then just this one night and second it's always like this when a campaign is won, i mean last camapign i was checking the map and there was 6-7 red players for no blue players.

No blue players bitched about it because we know it's normal, it's a problem but you can't limit the player difference, people that come to play in clans don't want to fight each other, nor do players that have friends in front.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

?

i was there, there were 8-9 players on the server, 1-2 red ( including me ), all the other were on blue side and didn t want to switch.

i don t think it is such an achievement...

lol ? what do you expect, lets all switch red and start over ? It looks like you missed all the nights where the REDs were more, especially with fighters and sometimes with helicopters and we clawed to capture the objectives.

You pick a side and stay with it.

We fought hard and there was a lot of cooperation

You were there when we were doing the final push and even that needed a fight to be finished off.

Instead, why don't you ask where did all your RED buddies went when they saw they were being pushed ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

yesterday was the first day i join this server.

I didn t want to "bitch" or "cry" or anything, being BLUE or RED doesnt matter to me.

I report what i think is not normal conduct of a PVP mission, that is all.

And contrary to what was said , it was actually a one afternoon victory.

I first joined as BLUE, when there were like 4 player on each side.

At that time, the targets were about half BLUE, half RED.

And RED / Blue objectfs were still about equal when i noticed it fell to 7 BLUE against 2 RED and i switched team.

i don t mind who win or loose, this is a game, my life isn t centered about being BLUE or RED.

But this a GAME, and a multiplayer one, with players on each side ( at least in theory... ), its purpose is to entertain the more people it is possible thanks to people-people interactions.

In order to do so it needs to attract new players to it.

When a battle becomes one-sided, not due to skill, but pure number, it is boring...

When all FARP were blue ( while lot of other objective were still NEUTRAL ) and that a ka-50 player who wanted to join the server asked "where are the targets ?" and found out that :

- there were no more red target to destroy.

- he couldn t spawn as a RED on any FARP.

He left the server, and may not come back.

Which is sad because the server ( from what i have seen ) is not very populated.

Again, i am new to this server, I have discovered this PvP server with some advanced script and objectives, which i find amazing.

And i report what i saw : and what i think is not expected conduct of a PvP mission in order to give feedback.

Still, i have no "right" to complain. If the Admin likes his server in its current state, and thinks that victories against the few present AI are valuable, then ignore what i wrote.

Edited by Vilab

I didn t want to "bitch" or "cry" or anything.

I report what i saw, that is all.

and contrary to what was said , it was a one afternoon victory.

And RED / Blue objectfs were still about equal when i noticed it fell to 7 BLUE against 2 RED and i switched team.

i don t mind who win or loose, this is a game, my life isn t centered about being BLUE or RED.

But this a GAME, and a multiplayer one, with players on each side ( at least in theory... ), its purpose is to entertain the more people it is possible thanks to people-people interactions.

When a battle becomes one-sided, not due to skill, but pure number. When all FARP are blue and that a ka-50 player want to join the server and find out that :

- there is no more red target to destroy.

- he can t spawn as a RED on any FARP.

It leaves the server, and may not come back.

Which is sad because the server ( from what i have seen ) is not very populated.

A one afternoon victory would mean that it took us 1 afternoon to go from the base layout to minevody, taking all of the objectives in the way. Wich was not the case at all, took 6 days do get there.

And the objectives weren't equal at all, you already had lost the hole moutain area and center of the map. (Front line objective was bylym, very much towards red side.)

You are not going to fix the problem of having unequal teams except if you add a player balance mechanism, wich would further reduce population on the server, as people in groups won't be able to join the same team and people who simply want to go in red or blue might not be able to. Blueflag has the same problem and there is a good reason why it's not fixed.

As for that Ka-50, he could have spawned on nalchik and headed for the farp bylym, if you don't read the briefing and/or don't look at the slot list then it's not going to help.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn t want to "bitch" or "cry" or anything, being BLUE or RED doesnt matter to me.

I report what i think is not normal conduct of a PVP mission, that is all.

And contrary to what was said , it was actually a one afternoon victory.

In order to do so it needs to attract new players to it.

When a battle becomes one-sided, not due to skill, but pure number, it is boring...

When all FARP were blue ( while lot of other objective were still NEUTRAL ) and that a ka-50 player who wanted to join the server asked "where are the targets ?" and found out that :

- there were no more red target to destroy.

- he couldn t spawn as a RED on any FARP.

He left the server, and may not come back.

Again, i am new to this server, I have discovered this PvP server with some advanced script and objectives, which i find amazing.

And i report what i saw : and what i think is not expected conduct of a PvP mission in order to give feedback.

Still, i have no "right" to complain. If the Admin likes his server in its current state, and thinks that victories against the few present AI are valuable, then ignore what i wrote.

Welcome to the server. You are correct with most of your observations. The main idea of the mission was to create something small scale with rather minimum distances and improved gameplay elements. It works best if a team works together, which is what happened yesterday on blue. While there is specifically no enforcement of side it happens that people start bonding to one side as the campaign progresses, which is a good thing on one side and a bad on the other as one team may be outnumbered at times. But it is ok, it only creates a greate variety of situations that you need to deal with. Of course its more fun to be 2 fighters vs. 2 fighters, but it can also be intersting to face 4 fighters and 4 strikers alone every once in a while. Situations change rapidly, and in my humble opinion, despite being already quite old, DCS PvP Multiplayer is in its infancy. The KO is nothing but a proof of concept for whats going to be possible in the future of DCS :)

Again, welcome to the server!

BLUE won round 3:

Congratulations to RED side for winning the "KO Revived" round 3! :clap:

On 30. September 2017: Campaign and player score is reset.

Player statistics is moved to archive for later use.

We still have some small bugs but they are not mission critical. The automated round switch when one side wins is broken but at least it seems the server then reloads the mission without any pre warning.

Edited by HiJack