Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Rainer, I'd really like some more info on the dry clutch system! Especially video of it in use at various settings. For me, VKB's experience and the dry clutch system are two reasons I'm leaning towards the Gunfighter with TMW grip, but the VPC Mongoos is a viable challenger with its impressive looking new grip. Now is a great time to show us more of what the Gunfighter is bringing to the table.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainer, I'd really like some more info on the dry clutch system! Especially video of it in use at various settings. For me, VKB's experience and the dry clutch system are two reasons I'm leaning towards the Gunfighter with TMW grip, but the VPC Mongoos is a viable challenger with its impressive looking new grip. Now is a great time to show us more of what the Gunfighter is bringing to the table.

I'm in the same boat. I requested a video from VKB HQ about just that, and so far I gleaned that they're working on one. Knowing VKB, though, that might mean we will have to wait a bit longer (Two More Weeks ).

About grips - I've seen what's on VKB's list for grips to come, and they will deliver some goodness, with work starting right after the Gunfighters ship. Needless to say, I was asked not to share any of that grip info just yet... because of reasons. :)

But man, I am stoked! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

About grips - I've seen what's on VKB's list for grips to come, and they will deliver some goodness, with work starting right after the Gunfighters ship. Needless to say, I was asked not to share any of that grip info just yet... because of reasons. :)

And I feel sure you certainly could not share with us whether one of those grips might rival the Warthog grip...

Now that would be something!

:joystick:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

And I feel sure you certainly could not share with us whether one of those grips might rival the Warthog grip...

Now that would be something!

:joystick:

You mean in materials used, e.g. metal vs plastic, or functionality wise? :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You mean in materials used, e.g. metal vs plastic, or functionality wise? :music_whistling:

Well the metal grip is nice, but I do so love the functionality of the Warthog grip with all the buttons and hats along with the paddle ( I like to use paddle as modifier button in DCS).

Especially now with flying with the Rift, having all those buttons in easy reach is very nice.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well the metal grip is nice, but I do so love the functionality of the Warthog grip with all the buttons and hats along with the paddle ( I like to use paddle as modifier button in DCS).

So then a "yes" can be carefully inserted here.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So then a "yes" can be carefully inserted here.

:thumbup:

Thanks,

Don B

My concern is that the dry clutch system will create sticktion.

The level of friction is adjustable to the desired level, and VKB already mentioned that this system might require some basic maintenance in the form of lubrication should the need arise...

I really hope we will get a video soon that I can share to see how this works on the actual Gunfighter.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As VKB has an official ED approved product now, I guess a F-18 grip is planned to be released at the same time as DCS: F/A-18C. :smartass:

You read this wrong. VKB Gladiator (based on WWII Luftwaffe Steuerknüppel KG-12B) is "Official WWII DCS Joystick" - no relation with F/A-18's. :D

tOrEJ88.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

Buy Gunfighter PRO without grip (save 40$) and use a Cougar, Warthog or Cobra M5 grip, "modern fighters" (and Kosmosimov) problem solved. ;)

i have cobra m5, but its grip doesn't seem to be modular. it looks like covers a white plastic pipe with screws.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

My concern is that the dry clutch system will create sticktion.

Agreed, but I think the engineers at VKB are aware of sticktion as a common problem/complaint. They probably wouldn't ship the dry clutch system as a value-adding feature that causes sticktion. TM, on the other hand, seemed either not to know or care that sticktion is a problem, and opted to use the cheapest possible solution for the Warthog internals, with no particular care for control force shaping.

You read this wrong. VKB Gladiator (based on WWII Luftwaffe Steuerknüppel KG-12B) is "Official WWII DCS Joystick" - no relation with F/A-18's. :D

tOrEJ88.jpg

So what will be the "Official F/A-18" joystick then? :D

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

i have cobra m5, but its grip doesn't seem to be modular. it looks like covers a white plastic pipe with screws.

This M-5 grip was already used in VKB Mambas, VKB will sell adapter for use then in Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter, is just need wait more "Two weeks, be sure™". :joystick: :D

From OP post: "Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks." ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

This M-5 grip was already used in VKB Mambas, VKB will sell adapter for use then in Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter, is just need wait more "Two weeks, be sure™". :joystick: :D

From OP post: "Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks." ;)

will there be gunfighter pro without grip version?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

So what is exactly the difference between the new Gladiator Pro MK II that is just released, and the soon to be released Gunfighter Pro - just the grip maybe?

I guess I confuse easily lol.

Edited by dburne

Don B

will there be gunfighter pro without grip version?

Answer: http://shop.vkb-sim.pro/items/gunfighter-base/

To make this "PRO" buy the extension and smaller base plate (if want).

So what is exactly the difference between the new Gladiator Pro MK II that is just released, and the soon to be released Gunfighter Pro - just the grip maybe?

I guess I confuse easily lol.

The difference is "Dry Clutch" gimbal in Gunfighter (and Gunfighter PRO with extension). What make the difference in price between Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter (in China): 79$.

Gladiator PRO Mk.II use "Next Gen" gimbal, but without "Dry Clutch" - no space for fit inside their base.

Is for one that want a desktop "all-in-one" joystick, but with better gimbal.

The grip is the same in all models: the (plastic) 3 button KG-12B.

Gunfighter PRO is just the Gunfighter + 20 CM extension and different CAM profiles.

Edited by Sokol1_br

The difference is "Dry Clutch" gimbal in Gunfighter (and Gunfighter PRO with extension). What make the difference in price between Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter (in China): 79$.

Gladiator PRO Mk.II use "Next Gen" gimbal, but without "Dry Clutch" - no space for fit inside their base.

Is for one that want a desktop "all-in-one" joystick, but with better gimbal.

The grip is the same in all models: the (plastic) 3 button KG-12B.

Gunfighter PRO is just the Gunfighter + 20 CM extension and different CAM profiles.

Ok I understand better now , thanks for the info.

Don B

Answer: http://shop.vkb-sim.pro/items/gunfighter-base/

To make this "PRO" buy the extension and smaller base plate (if want).

base 260 usd

adapter 40 usd (warthog price this, couldn't see m5 version)

extension 60 usd

360 usd for a gripless system

Youtube

base 260 usd

adapter 40 usd (warthog price this, couldn't see m5 version)

extension 60 usd

360 usd for a gripless system

People used to pay $600 just for U2NXT Uber gimbals, exotic materials and scale of economy are what dictate these things. Plastic can be churned out very quickly once you are tooled up, so machines can poop those parts out by the thousands to satisfy the casuals.

Metal parts on the other hand are much more energy intensive to produce no matter what method you are using, particularly precision machined metal parts. I for one am glad there are *finally* options of 'buy it for life' hardware that is actually truly high performance instead of representing a laundry list of compromises that make them frustrating desk ornaments.

i didin't mean that. pro version with grip is also 360 usd. so i think gripless version should be sold with adaptor with no price adding imo

Youtube