MonsterTech HOTAS Desk Mount

Hey guys-

So I got tired of having to move around my old PVC mount. It was cumbersome, took up a lot of space, and made it hard to want to fly.

I saw the MonsterTech HOTAS mounts made in Germany. After the initial sticker shock ( a little over $200 USD shipped to USA), I figured I would give it a shot. I am not the handiest person and wanted a nice looking, easy to use solution.

hoUZaUy.jpg

FrmMsue.jpg

B1ZMNuy.jpg

It is really really nice. It is easy to clamp and unclamp so I can move my joystick out of the way when I'm not flying. I can easily modify it to be Center mounted or Side mounted. I have a 10cm extension on my Warthog and there is still about an inch of clearance when it is fully pushed forward.

The only negative I have is that it shipped with no instructions. Once I figured out how things worked, it wasn't too bad to put together. Adjusting the height is simple enough as well. It ships with a little breaker bar you can put over your hex wrench to really torque it down. This thing feels absolutely solid.

Happy with my purchase. It is a high quality solution that works right out of the box. It feels fantastic and being able to adjust it to ergonomically fit me and my chair is great.

Just thought I would share.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Hey, thanks for sharing!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ordered! These look awesome. Can I ask, does the 10cm extension make the warthog too loose or increase the throw too much? (I'd like to try to beat the sticktion with an extension until I can get something from VKB, since re-greasing did nothing for me.)

• 1 year later...

What do you guys think of these after 2 years of having them - still going strong or have there been any issues? I'm looking at the and the Virpil offering. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

What do you guys think of these after 2 years of having them - still going strong or have there been any issues? I'm looking at the and the Virpil offering. Cheers

I have had them since the Gen 1 version. I think that it will outlast me at the very least. It is industrial materials throughout.

I have used one for my Warthog stick back when I was flying it and it worked great - using a Virpil setup currently.

However I liked it so well I ordered an extended Monster Tech Mount for my Gunfighter Pro and am awaiting it to arrive. Also have a Warthog throttle plate coming from them as well, will use the shorter Monster Tech mount I am currently not using for my Warthog throttle.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just throwing in my input. I have the mounts for my Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS, and they have vastly improved the comfort of flying at the desk. It took just a few minutes to have them put together and mounted on the desk. The ease of use and ability to go from side to center stick in seconds is just awesome. The build quality is impressive; I can’t imagine ever having to replace the main mounting system, only the plates when I get a new HOTAS.

Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan

Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals

Received my two MonsterTech desk mounts for my TM Warthog stick and throttle yesterday. Waiting was a little bit longer than expected, almost five weeks, but it was worth the waiting. The quality of the desk mounts is very good, attachment is straightforward and rock-solid.

I am planning to switch to VPC or VKB hardware long-term and hope MonsterTech will come up with a plate for the respective throttle units. There is one available for the sticks already, so maybe MonsterTech will offer throttle unit plates too.

Edit: Looking at pictures of the VPC throttle unit, it might be likely it would fit on a TMW throttle plate too.

Edited by Pilot Ike

I too have been a long time fan of the Monstertech HOTAS mounts; though pricey by any definition, they are definitely worth it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

Received my two MonsterTech desk mounts for my TM Warthog stick and throttle yesterday. Waiting was a little bit longer than expected, almost five weeks, but it was worth the waiting. The quality of the desk mounts is very good, attachment is straightforward and rock-solid.

I am planning to switch to VPC or VKB hardware long-term and hope MonsterTech will come up with a plate for the respective throttle units. There is one available for the sticks already, so maybe MonsterTech will offer throttle unit plates too.

Edit: Looking at pictures of the VPC throttle unit, it might be likely it would fit on a TMW throttle plate too.

Yeah pretty sure Virpil had stated earlier the hole pattern would match the Warthog throttle. I know they widened the unit a little but looking at the hole mounts I am sure they probably kept with the same as Warthog pattern.

I have a throttle plate coming from Monster Tech as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...