Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Okay, so, each base from the link, with 3 pin, would work with the Vkb MCG Pro?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically any VKB base.

- VKB Gladiator Mk.II "vanilla" - with adapter announced recently, plus update firmware, load profile.

- VKB Gladiator PRO - update firmware, load profile.

- VKB Gunfighter - update firmware, load profile.

- VKB Gunfighter PRO - update firmware, load profile.

And some Mambas legacy bases (listed in rrohde link).

Seems that old bases still depending on firmware development for work with MCG's.

Sorry don't worry about the above question. I have just noticed that the pro fold-able trigger sensors that I am after aren't in the TM version.

Right; that's because of the limitation of the TMW base of not working with analog axes.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

https://flightsimcontrols.com/2018/03/new-vkb-products-are-on-their-way-to-eu/

"What we will offer for EU customers:

Gunfighter Mk.II Pro/non-Pro with MCG Pro/non-Pro grip with En/Ru engravings

Gunfighter Mk.II KG12

T-Rudder Mk.IV

Basically we are going to offer the full range of Gunfighter Mk.II line. "

So, no mcg for rev a gunfighter base?

this is interesting me too. I bought the rev a gunfighter base last year to split the cost for base and grip(which then was stated to be released in a couple of months :music_whistling: ) With the grip launch for everyone except the eu there was a rev b base now. So did i bought the rev a base for the mcg and will not be able to use it? This would be really sad considering the price, that i could not use it once because there was no mcg aviable and will not be able to use it if the mcg is not combatible with rev a. :cry:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

"To clarify questions about MCG / MCG Pro for Gunfighter Mk.I:

There will be no separate MCG in the EU bulk shipment in April, however, we will offer those grips for Gunfighter Mk.I owners with shipment in June. Some variants could be available earlier." Eduard in vkb forums.

I guess we will get them eventually. The long wait continues. :music_whistling:

Me everyday when I check the VKB NA website to see if the stock has been magically refilled prior to the "mid April" quote...

giphy.gif

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Lol, I have stopped looking...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There will be no separate MCG in the EU bulk shipment in April, however, we will offer those grips for Gunfighter Mk.I owners with shipment in June. Some variants could be available earlier." Eduard in vkb forums.

Wow, that's bad news. :cry: So perhaps i will be able to use my rev a base over a year after i ordered it, or more likely just wasted money :bomb:

Stupid me, never again. :doh:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...

So any news at all of MCG Pro for NA??

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So any news at all of MCG Pro for NA??

Checked the website earlier, not sure exactly when it happened but it now says "late April" instead of "mid-April" like it used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Checked the website earlier, not sure exactly when it happened but it now says "late April" instead of "mid-April" like it used to.

Ok thanks for the info.

Don B

Ok thanks for the info.

Yup, huge bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Thanks for the update when i last checked it was out of stock with no timeframe listed with what i give Uncle Sam for taxes the delay helps

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

There is hope for us rev A owner.

source: https://flightsimcontrols.com/

Update 10.04.2018

The work is in progress to migrate the store to the new platform and new payment system. It will take few more days to complete migration and tests.

In the meanwhile, I would like to inform that when the site is online we will offer also MCG grips for rev. A socket which is compatible with previously sold Gunfighter Mk.I and Gladiator Pro Mk.II models.

Team VKB FSC Europe

• ED Team
Here's a video that shows spring/cam replacement; even thought it's based on the Gladiator Pro, the steps are virtually the same for the Gunfighter.

I use more simply and safe way for spring replace - strong and thick synthetic thread instead of pliers, see my photo.

BTW, guys. Do you engage nylon damper? If yes - how do you feel it?

IMG_3439.thumb.jpg.15eeb5f9ec69e30d15f7ef257babe0a6.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы