CA Update - 14 December 2012

Wags

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again no radar for Tunguska, TOR and other radar based systems. OMG...

+1

All right the first person ground units have the radar in f10 but thas only a fast solution for ED. We need something like a 360° radar display and maybe ED could set this radar display together with the 360° orientation. Also we need a key to put OFF and ON this radar:helpsmilie:

Also ED should not keep forgetting the needs that have the Russian CAS forces with a JTAC non compatibility but also our Ka-50 is not capable to set laser code and bring the Su-25 Kh-25ml an AFAC support. Also the Su-25A is a anachronic aircraft with such conditions. So the only solution is create JTAC capability for the fist person ground units and we already have it but we have not the way to say the battle situation in a realistic way.:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im wondering why my post was deleted?

sincere thanks for the update to CA to the Ed Team. Great news.

The request about the CA Update affecting DCS world was a genuine question, considering the following in the update thread:

6- Mission designer can now determine which ground units can and cannot be controlled by players (1st person and Command Map).

9- Unit resupply added during mission, tied to cargo trucks and warehouses.

so my question stands please.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

What exactly is the question, I suspect it something along the lines of "will these features work without CA installed?"

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What exactly is the question, I suspect it something along the lines of "will these features work without CA installed?"

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

Exactly that.

I was curious as to why the update for CA and not for DCS world, and will specific bug fixes for CA, such as those mentioned at 6 and 9, work with DCs World. In which case, do we need to purchase CA to address these problems currently if people havn't got CA installed?

thanks

regards

'T'

Edited by 159th_Viper
Rule 1.3 infringement

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Quoting the first line of Wags posts:

Certainly not a complete list, but there are several nice improvements coming to the next Combined Arms version (1.2.3).

I think you misunderstood, there is no patch released. Wags is just giving a status update on the CA features/fixes CA will see when it gets updated next.

As for points 6 and 9, I think those are more of general purpose mission editor features that are also highly relevant to CA.

All in all a very, very good list man. Thank you ED team very much. I might think about getting CA some day... :-/ But... When I got the money haha.

4- Added min and max range rings for all indirect fire systems.

15- Signal flare options.

4 - I was the one who said "do this pls!!!" Haha, nice.

9 - finally! endless firefights! :)

15 - ?? Like what? :-/ I am pretty happy with the signal flare options atm. but there surely can be more stuff if needed. But I just wonder what it might be?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by Megagoth1702

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Certainly not a complete list, but there are several nice improvements coming to the next Combined Arms version (1.2.3). These improvements are the cause of the longer than expected beta period, but in the end, we think you will have a better product.

1- Command Map control of air units. You can now route them, set speed and altitude, and set targets.

Well, well. Might that have something to do with this?:

- Some feature that required for MiG-21 still WIP in DCS:World side. Also we need a stable workaround (bug free) environment for testing and features implementation.

GCI, or am I just reading in to things too much?:hehe:

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

hm, guess more like 'normal' units get flares and smoke markers. "Friendly units south of the green smoke!"- "Need immediate CAS for tank platoon at the red flare position..."

Just my two cent. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

1- Command Map control of air units. You can now route them, set speed and altitude, and set targets.

2- Ground units in group now stay in formation with user when in first person control mode. User can set formation and ROE when in 1st person mode.

Awesome! Both of those things were sorely missing. Finding yourself out ahead of the rest of your group was one of the things that made taking over an individual vehicle to go and fight a more risky proposition that was strictly necessary. I realize that might have been part of a design tradeoff, since the player's a better shot than the AI and so should have to put his neck out, but it seemed like having them all stick by me should be an option, or that they should come to where I am when I relinquish control, instead of having that tank run back to its friends as if I were an evil spirit that had been possessing it.

Will you be able to direct air assets while just playing as JTAC, or will you need to be the commander for that side?

4- Added min and max range rings for all indirect fire systems.

5- Added countdown timer for indirect fire missions.

Super useful. This is some of the most sorely wanted but clumsiest to find info for your forces. Especially minimum range for MRLS. Right now if you click on the target spot for a fire mission that was set in the ME to see how it's coming along, it seems to set the radius back to zero, which is kinda annoying.

7- Platform Shake is better implemented and provides basic "weapon stabilization" option when the vehicle is on the move.

8- Added hot keys for hull / turret alignments, turret lock, and gun lock on azimuth.

YES. I liked the shake for ambiance and again, I read the lack of stabilization as a gameplay challenge to get you to trade off firing vs. moving, but of course it's too good an idea not to be on real tanks, and that's kinda important or else I'd be on the BF3 forums. Turret lock etc. sounds great for roads and cross-country, too.

This is easily what I'm most excited about. Not only does it make the utility units relevant as more than just props, TGP red herrings, or shooting gallery ducks, but since virtual tanks cost the taxpayers neither dollars nor sons, I like to have grandiose setpiece battles where I sometimes find my brave armored columns have nothing but machine gun ammo left by the time they reach the dastardly Baron's stronghold.

I hope some templates will be included so you can confidently fill a mission with whatever you want to be plentiful or scarce.

Since we've also got fuel trucks, though, will ground units now be able to run out of gas? Also, will the skill level you set for utility units have any bearing on how fast they perform their resupplying, or is that all on the combat unit's end (or both)?

10. Reduced muzzles smoke effect.

Yeah, I guess it is a little on the big side. I still hope tanks get a muzzle flash like IFVs do, however.

12- Added military icons for Command Map.

I'm not sure what this represents... Is there some entire category of icons we've been missing? What kind of information will these provide that we're not currently seeing? Or is this just replacing the current little "tank" and "AAA" etc. symbols with the official NATO/Russian symbols you see in the editor? That actually sounds pretty useful...

The title of this thread confuses me a little, though - This is just a preview of an upcoming update, right? The fact that there's a specific date in the title kinda throws me off and makes me wonder if my auto updater is broken or I'm missing a download link or something.

Is this a "stay tuned in the next few days" kind of thing, or more of a "come back in February" thing, or should I know enough now not to ask those sorts of questions?

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

No offense, but you weren't even on the forums when that landed on the internal whishlist. :) Heck, i probably wasn't here.

You gotta be kidding me, wow. But then again - something as simple as this probably was thought about for a long time. And now with users controlling arty vehicles etc. they just NEED these circles to put the arty in the right places. Nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

I'm not sure what this represents... Is there some entire category of icons we've been missing? What kind of information will these provide that we're not currently seeing? Or is this just replacing the current little "tank" and "AAA" etc. symbols with the official NATO/Russian symbols you see in the editor? That actually sounds pretty useful...

You can see them, russian has defined your icons on game, standard NATO icons can be a good implementation.

Check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Military_Symbols_for_Land_Based_Systems

And here:

http://www.mapsymbs.com/ms2525c.pdf

Expected a future CA with overlays and command planning tools.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Since we've also got fuel trucks, though, will ground units now be able to run out of gas? Also, will the skill level you set for utility units have any bearing on how fast they perform their resupplying, or is that all on the combat unit's end (or both)?

Ground units currently don't use fuel and its a logistical nightmare the sim isn't quite ready for.

Ground units currently don't use fuel and its a logistical nightmare the sim isn't quite ready for.

Probably already discussed somewhere, but in the future will we see damage to individual systems and components? For example being able to knock out the treads but the turret will still work? Or is it too complex to model each individual vehicle?

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

OMG? Has this ever been mentioned as a feature for CA1?

Nate

Radar is the main component of large variety ground playable SAMs in CA. It is obvious this should have be on the list with high priority.

TOR, OSA, Tunguska ect are limited in many ways without such feature. Tunguska neds some visual "lock" feature also to provide better Saclos.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I really like the way combined arms is developing. With supply and better command option the possibilities could be amazing!! Keep up the good work.

BTW, since Nate mentioned CA1. Will there be a combined arms 2? And if so, will it be integrated into the first combined arms?

Radar is the main component of large variety ground playable SAMs in CA. It is obvious this should have be on the list with high priority.

TOR, OSA, Tunguska ect are limited in many ways without such feature. Tunguska neds some visual "lock" feature also to provide better Saclos.

My point still stands - Player Radar was never intended to be a feature of CA. In fact originally the Radar Sams were omitted from player control.

Nate

I really like the way combined arms is developing. With supply and better command option the possibilities could be amazing!! Keep up the good work.

BTW, since Nate mentioned CA1. Will there be a combined arms 2? And if so, will it be integrated into the first combined arms?

Currently there is only CA. CA2 doesn't exist, but there are already Ideas for it if it ever gets green-lit.

Nate