Patch 1.1.0.8 for DCS is OUT!

Nightmare

i can't find the show briefing in flight key stroke in options. ralt - b doesn't do anything in the sim so i need to bind it suppose.

I had this problem too. It was because I patched my DCS install since full 1.0.0.6. Now you have to go for full 1.0.0.8 installation or patch 1.0.0.8 on full 1.0.0.7 installation. I hope it's clear.

• Like 1

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed yesterday, during 1.1.0.8, testing is that the flight model seems to have changed ever so slightly. When I release all of my MAVs (on 2 TERs - stations 3 and 9) [ALQ-131 and TGP only remaining] that the A/C's trim seemed hard to control.

The A/C wanted to continually climb no matter how much Down Trim I gave it and it wanted to Roll Right (again no matter how much Left Trim I gave it).. Of course chopping the throttle to Idle released the "urge" to go out of Trim (and I reset the the Trim to T/O - as well all do when doing a Cold-Start) but that only seem to slightly passify the Trim issue.

I don't remember this being an issue with previous releases.. But, then again, I "could" be mistaken ... or didn't really pay that much attention like I'm doing with this new patch.

Anyone else notice this? Anyway, this is just an observation nothing else.. The A/C is incredibly easy to fly non-the-less.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Nope - I have the TM Warthog HOTAS - nothing else physically.. My Rudder assignment is using the Stick with a Modifier (Pinky Switch and Alieron)..

Again, not a big deal - just an observation.

But, that suggestion makes absolute sense - I have to agree.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

One thing I noticed yesterday, during 1.1.0.8, testing is that the flight model seems to have changed ever so slightly....

No changes whatsoever :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ahh, good one again!

I have the Trim modifier set to the Pinky Switch - Hat ... and when I do Trim the A/C it does respond to the input by "slightly" moving in the direction as requested; then it snaps back like normal until it "settles" from the command.

I do know that the Trim does work because when I'm "heavy" with ordance it works as expected -as it always has.

Let me try another mission for testing, as I was doing a Training mission (MAVs); perhaps it is related to that the tng msn itself - not sure.

On that note, I did a refuel/reamarm to continue the tng msn and noticed that the ordance was loaded on-board the A/C but it didn't show up in the DSMS.

Again, no issues here and I don't really think there's a bug in the code .. it could just be my setup or config. When the A/C is "clean" AKA no-drag, it just seems different.. And, I can deal with it -- been there and done that before IRL.

Config == 1.1.0.8 (patched from a Full-Install of 1.1.0.7) and NO MODS whatsoever. Alienware M17xR2, Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, 1TB RAM (RAID 0), i7 1.73 4-Core, ATI SLI 1024MB (don't remember the model # right now) -- I'm sure you get the jist..

Let me do some more testing over the next few days (when I can find the time) and IF I find that it happens everythime, I will post a .trk and submit it to Support for review - otherwise, have a nice day and Blue Skies Ahead - it could be a little bumpy!

;-))

1TB RAM? :P

You have the model with 2x 500GB HDD's in RAID-0 i suspect. :P

Exact model number of the GPU you can get through start > run > dxdiag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Did anyone else have to Re Activate after installing the patch? I did and lost another activation.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74726

1- Because of an update to the copy protection, one activation will be used when installing the patch. However, one new activation will be added to your account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Nope ,that was a TYPOOOO .. oooops.. Yes, 2 x 500 GB (RAID 0) LOL - wish it was RAID 1+0 .. but the Alienware boxes don't have that option.

I did a backspace w/out fixing that - My Bad

And you would think being a Computer Engineer (plus Software/Network engineering) I would have caught that... Hey, after a long day at work makes the Mind weak and tired; And this Sim requires FULL attention to all details. I only had to work a 15 hr day on Friday and actually got Sat/Sun off for the 1st first time in weeks.. So, I spent that time to "test" the new patch over the weekend. That's why I don't get to spend as much time on the Sim.

Good obervation Nate! You're sharp!

Edited by bradleyjs

No, you have this wrong. Steam is only 32 bit, but you will definitely have activations if you buy from Steam. And yes, you can still download the 64bit client and use your DCS key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Do I have this right? Steam is only 32 bit, and if you buy it on Steam you don't have activations. And you can still download the 64 bit client and use your Steam key.

The "Steam" application is 32 bit -- However the install from Steam is still 64bit. What that means is the Steamworks overlay (friends, screenshots, time tracking, etc) do not work while playing DCS:A-10C 64 bit.

Another interesting side effect of that, Steam generally does not download while you are playing another Steam game. However it seems that because it cannot track time on the 64 bit game, you can be flying in DCS; and downloading other Steam games in the background. (Normally they pause when playing).

But yes, it still has Activations.

I thought that since Steam keeps track of what you have purchased, and since no other games I have use them, it wouldn't need activations. That's what happens when you assume though...

Thanks for clearing it up :)

Hi,

I just didn't find any time to try 1.08 until about 2 hours ago and all I can say is: WOW! Very impressive improvements. I just love the self-shadowing and generally, frame rates improved a lot - especially while TGP is turned on and on bomb impacts. Thanks a lot for the excellent work!

missionaccomplished.jpg

Ben

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
...for now RL doesn't give me enough time to get into it...

I'm still waiting for ED to release a patch for this ;)

Edited by latearrival
typo

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals