First impressions of the Release Version

apoll

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres mine

The new gun sound is FANTASTIC!!! It is soooo satisfying shooting that thing.

The Instant Action missions have been about as smooth as it gets so far. I was able to run the first campaign mission during startup and there was some lag like usual but I had to abort because of misconfigured joystick stuff.

It does seem much more polished. I still have sooo much to learn.

I've had a few odd crashes in setting up the joystick but in the actual game no crashes and everything seems to be working. Not sure if maybe I missed deleting some files from the beta maybe.

One thing I noticed different about the startup.

After I turn the battery and inverter on, warnings are going off like crazy. I can clear the master cautions but it comes back until you get most of the systems and engines running. It never used to do this in beta 4.

I see the actual mission editor was cleaned up a bit and from what i can see in the missions all the radio freqs are listed as requested. Thanks a bunch for that!!

To take it one quick step further - in the next patch can you add a "Print" button when we are at the mission overview? So it prints the text with the radio freqs and the overall map and mission information? That would be cool to print on the fly and then head in without having to do too much note taking.. Lazy I know but not all of us have all night and want to run the missions.

Wish there were a few more training missions but we can see them on youtube or we'll start to get the community rolling on this.

I noticed you touched up the bridges the way they look, added railing etc and some grass around the outside. Unfortunately the grass sidings now sort of flutter in and out of the clipping plane when you watch in the tgp or bomb view. Only one bridge so far that I've seen though.

It also seems that its quite hard to kill paratroopers with the gun smile.gif You can take out the trucks but if I go around for the troops its just not working smile.gif At least not with CM. Just seems tougher.

AND my immortal MFD problems just don't seem to go away! No matter what happens if I get hit, first thing to go is the MFD. The last 10 times I've been hit I actually lost the multifunction displays. Too bad I started taking screen shots but I deleted the directory. But this time again a sam hit me on the right side. Blew out my tires and of course the ONLY other damage ... CICU as per usual.. smile.gif I just have bad luck?

Argh thats nother thing I took screenshots and the screenshot dir is empty. Did you guys move where the screenshots go? I had proof! wink.gif Its a conspiracy I tells ya! I bet the print screen button was remapped. I wouldn't doubt it.

But the avionics and everything seem to be working perfectly, which is what this game is about. I still have quite a bit of work learning more but from the basic newb pilot who has enough knowledge to get around take out the targets and navigate home.. (and land safely) .. I have to give this product a 9/10 now that. Where the beta was a 7.5.

Even the dreaded first campaign mission was performing pretty well (with the clouds) even though frame rates at times did drop, there was no really really long pauses like it used to have. It is very playable.

Very well done.

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

+1.

How are the LGB now ?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

What it's like? I'm taking a break from flying it. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

What it's like? I'm taking a break from flying it. :P

ah come on!!!!!!!

have some compation

there are some people that their work is not to actually play the game you know ??!!!!:joystick::smilewink:

still 9 hours before I can play:cry:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

ah come on!!!!!!!

have some compation

there are some people that their work is not to actually play the game you know ??!!!!:joystick::smilewink:

still 9 hours before I can play:cry:

Compassion? Who had compassion for me when I spent 12 hours straight re-playing all training missions for the 8th time just to make sure they still worked? :P

Well, I'm exhaggerating, but still.

I'll but out though. Not fair to steal thunder here, but I'm bored during graveyard. :P

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It doesnt wobble like it used to as badly. I had to manually lase the targets I was playing with in instant action but was accurate.

Should be able to latch the laser in TGP configuration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

+1.

How are the LGB now ?

I've only dropped one in the final. Now you have to go into the profile and turn auto-lase on if you use it, turned off by default now it seems. I dropped from 9000ft since I figured if it's accurate there then it should be at the usual 10000+. It hit smack bang on the laser, did a quick markpoint test also using point mode it was bang on. As someone has already said, it doesn't wobble nearly half as much now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

Should be just one MFCD button to enter the settings while you have the TGP active and SOI, then find the button next to the word LATCH and click it. Then pressing NWS would switch laser on or off, instead of requiring you to hold it.

(And thank the gods for that function - my hands are way too small for me to reach the NWS on the hogstick if I have to do anything else at the same time. :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Any sign of Nellis?

Reading the FAQ is complicated.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67747

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was actually getting better performance in Beta 4 :( im getting horrible stutters near air bases now

Ensure that your game files are not fragmented - I've noticed that Win7 loves to fragment files on new installs. This can cause severe HDD latency, which in turn causes stutters.

I recommend the Defraggler utility. It allows you to target specific files for defragmenting. http://www.piriform.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ensure that your game files are not fragmented - I've noticed that Win7 loves to fragment files on new installs. This can cause severe HDD latency, which in turn causes stutters.

I recommend the Defraggler utility. It allows you to target specific files for defragmenting. www.piriform.com

I'm running windows Vista 32bit, had 0 probs with Beta 4 besides the known issues, but i'll give it a go, thanks

Haven't experimented with everything far and wide- but so far- it's freekin L33T. Overall performance ad smoothness way up- despite cranking up settings, CAT AI and crossfire enabled. Gun sound awesome. Few other neat audio adds- the subtle sounds of cycling gear & flaps.. Neat steps added to the startup process- arming the ejection seat.. MC alarms on engine startup- annoying, but apparently realistic.. Terrain looks better. Objects are clearer..

Have not messed with PGM's yet.. just Mavericks.

edit- the MC alarms going off at engine ignition are a mistake/bug. ED is aware of it- so don't freak.

Edited by S77th-konkussion

Fantastic work ED (and all the people involved) :)

Installed without a problem, defragged right after.

Just like Lonecrow66 I had some weird CTD whyle configuring my joystick, the game actually crashed twice, then it magically worked.

All issues I had with the Beta4 trying to tune my keybindings are gone.

I had inverted throttle, whatever I was trying to do my throttle was inverted, and now it's finally working properly.

I have better performance too, in Beta4 I had to set a few things on medium, AA to x4, TSAA off. Now everything is is on high, AA to x8, Vsync on, TSAA on and the game runs smoother :)

All the suttering is gone, it just lags a little bit in the beginning of each flight but I guess it's because the engine is loading the environment.

And indeed the new GAU8 sounds is awesome ! It sounds somehow more metallic, It clearly has more "punch", a real pleasure to use this beast.

Have been playing for 4 hours straight, mainly instant action and then in the editor, I can't say much more about the rest.

So far so good :thumbup:

Edited by Eight Ball

I like how the missions folder has been cleaned up, and it appears that there are many new fixes and addons.

I did notice that Force Feedback has not been fixed - deadzones and response curves don't follow the trim, and there is no ffb other than trim.

For me seems smoother. Like the additional touches in the start up and cockpit - master warnng going off at points and armed seat (HOW does one arm the seat, BTW??). One thng I noticed, and I don't know if it is realism cranked up a notch or I did something wrong, at ramp start I tried to tune to local ATS: got an awful screech in my ear (not squelch) and the radio was not raising ATS. Really brought back memories of porked radios. Bug..OR realism..OR I did something wrong?? Anyone else had this?

But great sim! Well done ED!

apoll out