Period Radar

DD_Fenrir

This is a product of me drawing from multiple sources, which refer to the systems slightly differently.

I've been spending some more time looking into this, but it is difficult to find information.

However, I am getting more and more excited by the prospect of the radar units in DCS. The recently published screenshots are superb. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

In particular, I wonder if there will be any ability to control this unit via Combined Arms? Just looking at the control room on the back of the WR... it has a lot of potential. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/23d/dcs-world-Wu%CC%88rzburg-Riese.jpg

I've never seen anything significant released in DCS that wasn't announced with some sort of hype. The topic of SAM simulator comes up frequently as a wish list, people would want that. There has been mention by ED that they will improve the IADS for SAMs. I would see that bit of work as a prerequisite to making any further deep simulator. Lastly, an objective look - I'm not sure a specific EWR simulator wouldn't clash with LotATC which would have more features than one of these early radars. I cannot see it really being worth the effort to develop inside the CA product, an entire specific simulator of these radars. And its a bit niche because it wouldn't be much fun operating in single player.

Was it said anywhere if this was part of the WW2 assets or the base game?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Was it said anywhere if this was part of the WW2 assets or the base game?

I'll second that question!

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'