IRMV issue back?

Zayets

Just updated to the latest one few minutes ago and noticed sensors IRMV not working (used to work in the previous version). Can anyone check this and let me know? Don't want to put this in the bug thread because maybe something was changed in how the sensors are employed. Can't select sensors FWD even if Maverick D is uncaged.

Attached, my test mission, see if it works for you. I am running the latest and newest open beta, no mods

test.miz

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Just updated to the latest one few minutes ago and noticed sensors IRMV not working (used to work in the previous version). Can anyone check this and let me know? Don't want to put this in the bug thread because maybe something was changed in how the sensors are employed. Can't select sensors FWD even if Maverick D is uncaged.

Attached, my test mission, see if it works for you. I am running the latest and newest open beta, no mods

Yes bug there, here is the temporary fix from the devs:

Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post

Hi folks.

My mistake. The Mavs are not bugged, nor is the Sensor Selector Switch.

The device that is bugged is the Target Altitude Source Selector. It checks which sensor the aircraft is used to determine target elevation.

I upgraded it but wrote one question wrong:

Instead of this: if (Selected_Sensor == SENSOR_ARBS), meaning **if the selected sensor is ARBS**

I wrote this: if (Selected_Sensor = SENSOR_ARBS) meaning **set the selected sensor to ARBS**

One of the dangers of c++: it allows ambiguous statements.

In other words, instead of asking if the sensor you are using is ARBS, it is actually always setting the sensor to ARBS.

There is a quick fix until the patch comes out: Turn off the DMT when you are going to use the AGM-65G.

The switch is in the center console. That way ARBS will be disabled and you will be able to set the sensor back to Mavericks. This fix has been tested to work.

ARBS does not affect the 65Es, since those use a laser spot detector that is not handled by the aircraft.

Sorry about the goof and I hope the fix gets out really quick.

Don't forget to turn on the DMT if you are going to use ARBS.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Thank you for confirming. I have tried with the workaround and it works now as expected. Basically the only sequence I was able to make it work was this:

- STRS page select

- AG mode on

- Select AGM

- select sensors aft TV (DMT must be ON otherwise it does not lock for me)

- lock ground

- slew over target

- uncage AGM

- DMT off

- sensors FWD IRMV

- TDC down until lock confirmed

- fire away

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Thank you for confirming. I have tried with the workaround and it works now as expected. Basically the only sequence I was able to make it work was this:

- STRS page select

- AG mode on

- Select AGM

- select sensors aft TV (DMT must be ON otherwise it does not lock for me)

- lock ground

- slew over target

- uncage AGM

- DMT off

- sensors FWD IRMV

- TDC down until lock confirmed

- fire away

Indeed, it seems like the weapon system in the harrier need some patching.

Bug already fixed and submitted but we must wait for next release.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

thank you! I'm glad I saw this thread, answered my issue. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Bug already fixed and submitted but we must wait for next release.

Great news, the harrier is an amazing module and I can't wait until all these small bugs get squished!! Keep up the the great work in that refinery of yours.

Okay, post June 1st update I still had one mission (#4 the artillery mission, Vulcan forge) where I could not uncage IRMVs, let alone SSS forward. Target is lazed by scripted friendlies, DMT in LST mode. Strangely, in the next mission I had a Target lazed and the uncage, SSS fwd, lock and fire worked perfectly. What's wrong?

• 1 month later...
DCS World Stable 2.5.2.19682 and unable to use AGM-65Gs in the AV-8B due to a sensor issue.

After the AGMs are warmed up and I uncage the seeker, pressing my mapped Sensor Select FWD: INS, IRMV/EOMV button never changes the SOI from INS to IRMV.

Bugged again?

Update ( 7/29/18 ): Further tested and it seems to work if the Stores Page is on the Left MFCD to start. Once you've got IRMV selected as SOI, it will let you swap it over to the Right MFCD. If SOI is then changed to INS, you won't be able to get IRMV back on the Right MFCD (unless you start over on the Left again). So it's best to just use the AGM-65Gs on the Left MFCD currently.

Confirmed, can't switch to IRMV in the right MFCD, left works fine.

Mav display ONLY works on the Left MFD as mentioned some time ago by Razbam.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4