Landing gear strength

lemoen

I'm posting this in the bugs section but I'm not sure its a bug. However, the last while I've been breaking the Viggen's gear on landing just about every time. This wasn't the case before (2.5 I guess). Did something change? It feels like I have to be extra careful with the Viggen now whereas it has strengthened gear because it needs a robust landing approach for short landings.

I'm posting this in the bugs section but I'm not sure its a bug. However, the last while I've been breaking the Viggen's gear on landing just about every time. This wasn't the case before (2.5 I guess). Did something change? It feels like I have to be extra careful with the Viggen now whereas it has strengthened gear because it needs a robust landing approach for short landings.

What is your weight when you are landing?

I just landed the Viggen yesterday with about 90-100% fuel + empty X-tank without noticing any issues. :dunno:

It was a rather soft landing though, not the kind of navy landing the Viggen is supposed to do.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I flew in the Red Flag Campaign a few days ago. I did a landing to refuel which went fine. I removed the ordinance and set about 50% fuel. Flew to Nellis and did what I thought was a soft, regular landing but my main gears broke which surprised me. I haven't tried again since.

Some time ago I tested short landings and compared them to other planes. I did a rather rough landing there (AFK with alpha 15.5, no flare):

Nothing broke, everything was fine. Maybe it helps if you compare your landing to this. Otherwise I would suggest that you show us a track or video.