Troop pickup still not fixed???? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 AM   #1
Zimmerdylan

Default Troop pickup still not fixed????

C'mon guys......Seriously, it's time to address this issue.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
Askerov24
Veteran

Tried out, worked smooth for me
Old 02-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
Zimmerdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askerov24 View Post
Tried out, worked smooth for me
Wow!!! Really? I just set up a mission and wasn't able to pull up the coms menu for troops. I'll give it another try this evening. Maybe I missed something in the advanced menu or something like that.

Thanks for that feedback.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Askerov24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
Wow!!! Really? I just set up a mission and wasn't able to pull up the coms menu for troops. I'll give it another try this evening. Maybe I missed something in the advanced menu or something like that.

Thanks for that feedback.
You are welcome ) for player controlled Mi-8 just place the troopers where you want, nothing else needed )
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
Whisper

Like Zimmerdylan, I've not been able to do it.
The menu is there, I land nearby the troops, use the F6 (I think it's F6) menu to permit "group X" to come aboard, there's some kind of movement from the troops but they don't embark
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
Gizzy

Loading Troops into the UH1H or Mi-8 works fine using the Descent option in the comms menu.

If you set a waypoint to embark, the troops will line up ready to get on board, then run into the airframe... if not they often run around like headless chickens until some get on-board.

There is a limit of how many troops each airframe will take.

Weight after load is modelled as is after an unload.

There may well be issues on a MP server.

They are slowly getting there... THE TRICK is to get the AI to go where you want after unload though.... At the moment it is not possible for me so I rely on CTLD where you can set a ranging distance and they attack the enemy. With the DCS option, 9/10 times they run back to where they started from, with or without waypoints.... at least with me...

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
a face mask and a big TV!
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
Bearfoot

I've written DCS TROOPSHIP to deal with these issues. The actual "troopship" bit may be a little obsolete/redundant if troop pick up works OK natively now. But folks may find the troop "C&C" (Command and Control) ship support useful: order troops to zones, directions (e.g., North for 2.5 klicks), advance to contact (engage nearest enemy), pop smoke, report status etc.

https://github.com/glyphoglossus/dcs-troopship.git
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
Askerov24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Like Zimmerdylan, I've not been able to do it.
The menu is there, I land nearby the troops, use the F6 (I think it's F6) menu to permit "group X" to come aboard, there's some kind of movement from the troops but they don't embark
Are you talking about 2.5 version?
Old 02-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
fargo007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Loading Troops into the UH1H or Mi-8 works fine using the Descent option in the comms menu.

If you set a waypoint to embark, the troops will line up ready to get on board, then run into the airframe... if not they often run around like headless chickens until some get on-board.

There is a limit of how many troops each airframe will take.

Weight after load is modelled as is after an unload.

There may well be issues on a MP server.

They are slowly getting there... THE TRICK is to get the AI to go where you want after unload though.... At the moment it is not possible for me so I rely on CTLD where you can set a ranging distance and they attack the enemy. With the DCS option, 9/10 times they run back to where they started from, with or without waypoints.... at least with me...
Hey Gizzy,

Maybe you've tried this but you could take a look at waypoint zones in CTLD to handle routing. If you drop them off inside a properly defined wpzone (a different entity than a dropzone), the troops reliably move to the center point of that zone, engaging enemies along the way.

So I set things up where the wpzone is large enough that it is centered on where I want them to wind up, but also contains the area I want them dropped off. This has been working 100% reliably for me for routing them after dropoff with the only annoyance being that they will go on and off the roofs of buildings unpredictably as they traverse them.

They can also be picked back up again, and the process repeated in another wpzone indefinitely.

You dig rotorcraft? Training, Quals, Missions, & FUN. Ask me about joining the Black Sharks!
fargo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #10
Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askerov24 View Post
Are you talking about 2.5 version?
Yes, of course. But was the same in 1.5.8
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote