Mirage III documentation

al531246

In RAZBAM's update video they mentioned the possibility of either doing a Mirage III or the IAI Dagger. I've got a fair few manuals and performance charts for the Mirage III so I thought I'd dump them here as can anyone else who wishes to do so.

I've uploaded the documents to Mega and Google Drive.

Mega folder; https://mega.nz/#F!CJEh1SxL!EY5iBc-FCk9h8PhJ4hbsnw

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Thanks a lot .. it's really interesting to have access to the Manuals of the real airplane, just to see how much the DCS simulations approach the real thing :)

I added your manuals to my stash, as I didnt had any info on the Mirage 3 ... please take a look to see if there is any other manual that interests you, here is my link:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gs4oCU4n0PJi0XOPtg

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks mate. Rep to you if I could

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

I've uploaded the documents to Mega and Google Drive.

Mega folder; https://mega.nz/#F!CJEh1SxL!EY5iBc-FCk9h8PhJ4hbsnw

Google Drive folder - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G334QeI8zQ4Uc3wOuqHnt-4X0FpddIpf

Excellent material, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

What are the biggest differences between the Mirage III and IAI Dagger? Besides engine/performance? Both didn’t feature a radar? I could not find anything definitive on google/wikipedia :book:

Well the Mirage IIIE/C both have radars for a start. the C model is the fighter variant, whereas the E model is more multirole-focused, so it has a navigation radar, TACAN, and other associated avionics.

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

• 4 months later...

Creating the mirage III is intelligent, very smart, and profitable, there is the possibility of creating many variants.

Mirage IIID

Two-seat trainer version of the Mirage IIIE, powered by 41.97 kN (9,440 lbf) dry and 58.84 kN (13,230 lbf) with reheat Atar 09-C engine. Fitted with distinctive strakes under the nose. Almost identical aircraft designated Mirage IIIBE, IIID and 5Dx depending on customer.[69]

The first Argentine Mirage, a IIIDA.

Mirage IIID : Two-seat training aircraft for the RAAF. Built under licence in Australia; 16 built.[70]

Mirage IIIDA : Two-seat trainer for the Argentine Air Force. Two supplied 1973 and a further two in 1982.[70][71]

Mirage IIIDBR : Two-seat trainer for the Brazilian Air Force, designated F-103D. Four newly built aircraft delivered from 1972. Two ex-French Air Force Mirage IIIBEs delivered 1984 to make up for losses in accidents.[72]

Mirage IIIDBR-2 : Refurbished and updated aircraft for the Brazilian Air Force, with more modern avionics and canard foreplanes. Two ex-French aircraft sold to Brazil in 1988, with remaining two DBRs upgraded to same standard.[73]

Mirage IIIDE : Two-seat trainer for Spanish Air Force. Six built with local designation CE.11.[74]

Mirage IIIDP : Two-seat trainer for the Pakistan Air Force. Five built.[75]

Mirage IIIDS : Two-seat trainer for the Swiss Air Force. Two delivered 1983.[76]

Mirage IIIDV : Two-seat trainer for the Venezuelan Air Force; three built.[70]

Mirage IIIDZ : Two-seat trainer for the South African Air Force; three delivered 1969.[68]

Mirage IIID2Z : Two-seat trainer for the South African Air Force, fitted with an Atar 9K-50 turbojet engine; giving 49.2 kN (11,100 lbf) thrust dry and 70.6 kN (15,900 lbf) with reheat. Eleven built.[77][78]

Mirage IIIEA of the Argentine Air Force

Mirage IIIE

Single-seat tactical strike and fighter-bomber aircraft, with 300 mm (12 in) fuselage plug to accommodate an additional avionics bay behind the cockpit. Fitted with Cyrano II radar with additional air-to-ground modes compared to Mirage IIIC, improved navigation equipment, including TACAN and a Doppler radar in undernose bulge. Powered by an Atar 09C-3 turbojet engine.[79] 183 built for the French Air Force.[80]

Mirage IIIEA : Mirage IIIE for the Argentine Air Force. 17 built.[71]

Mirage IIIEBR : Mirage IIIE for the Brazilian Air Force; 16 built, locally designated F-103E.[73]

Mirage IIIEBR-2 : Refurbished and updated aircraft for the Brazilian Air Force, with canard foreplanes. Four ex-French aircraft sold to Brazil in 1988, with surviving Mirage IIIEBRs upgraded to same standard.[73]

Mirage IIIEE : Mirage IIIE for the Spanish Air Force, locally designated C.11. 24 delivered from 1970.[81]

Mirage IIIEL : Mirage IIIE for the Lebanese Air Force, omitting doppler radar, including HF antenna. 10 delivered from 1967 and 1969.[82][83]

Mirage IIIEP : Mirage IIIE for the Pakistan Air Force. 18 delivered 1967–1969.[75]

Mirage IIIEV : Mirage IIIE for the Venezuelan Air Force, omitting doppler radar. Seven built. Survivors upgraded to Mirage 50EV standard.[84]

Mirage IIIEZ : Mirage IIIE for the South African Air Force; 17 delivered 1965–1972.[68]

Mirage IIIO

Single-seat all-weather fighter-bomber aircraft for the Royal Australian Air Force. Single prototype powered by 53.68 kN (12,070 lbf) dry thrust and 71.17 kN (16,000 lbf) Rolls-Royce Avon Mk.67 turbojet engine, but order placed for aircraft based on Mirage IIIE, powered by Atar engine in March 1961. 100 aircraft built, of which 98 were built under licence in Australia. The first 49 were Mirage IIIO(F) interceptors which were followed by 51 Mirage IIIO(A) fighter bombers, with survivors brought up to a common standard later.[85]

French Mirage IIIR

Mirage IIIR

Single-seat all-weather reconnaissance aircraft, with radar replaced by camera nose carrying up to five cameras. Aircraft based on IIIE airframe but with simpler avionics similar to that fitted to the IIIC and retaining cannon armament of fighters. Two prototypes and 50 production aircraft built for the French Air Force.[86][87]

Mirage IIIRD : Single-seat all-weather reconnaissance aircraft for the French Air Force, equipped with improved avionics, including undernose doppler radar as in the Mirage IIIE. Provision to carry infrared linescan, Doppler navigation radar or side looking airborne radar (SLAR) in interchangeable pod. 20 built.[86][87]

Mirage IIIRJ : Single-seat all-weather reconnaissance aircraft of the Israeli Air Force. Two Mirage IIICZs converted into reconnaissance aircraft.

Mirage IIIRP : Export version of the Mirage IIIR for the Pakistan Air Force; 13 built.

Mirage IIIRS : Export version of the Mirage IIIR for the Swiss Air Force; 18 built.

Mirage IIIRZ : Export version of the Mirage IIIR for the South African Air Force; four built.

Mirage IIIR2Z : Export version of the Mirage IIIR for the South African Air Force, fitted with an Atar 9K-50 turbojet engine; four built.

The belly of a Mirage IIIS

Mirage IIIS

Single-seat all-weather interceptor fighter aircraft for the Swiss Air Force, based on the IIIC, but fitted with a Hughes TARAN 18 radar and fire-control system and armed with AIM-4 Falcon and Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. Built under licence in Switzerland; 36 built.

Mirage IIIT

One aircraft converted into an engine testbed, initially fitted with a subsonic 46.7–61.8 kN (10,500–13,890 lbf) Pratt & Whitney/SNECMA TF104, but retrofitted with a supersonic 51.96–74.53 kN (11,680–16,755 lbf) Pratt & Whitney/SNECMA TF106 turbofan engine.[88]

Mirage IIIX

Proposed version, announced in 1982, fitted with updated avionics and fly-by-wire controls, powered by an Atar 9K-50 turbojet engine. Original designation of the Mirage 3NG.

A total of 1,422 Mirage III/5/50 aircraft of all types were built by Dassault.[citation needed] There were a few unbuilt variants:

A Mirage IIIK that was powered by a Rolls-Royce Spey turbofan was offered to the British Royal Air Force.[citation needed]

The Mirage IIIM was a carrier-based variant, with catapult spool and arresting hook, for operation with the French Aéronavale.[citation needed]

The Mirage IIIW was a lightweight fighter version, proposed for a US competition, with Dassault partnered with Boeing. The aircraft would have been produced by Boeing, but it lost to the Northrop F-5.[citation needed]

Derivatives

Mirage 5/Mirage 50

• 2 weeks later...