Poll: What are the most enjoyable of these fully-detailed modules in multiplayer?

Wahoo12

Poll: What are the most enjoyable of these fully-detailed modules in multiplayer?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What are the most enjoyable of these fully-detailed modules in multiplayer?

• MiG 21bis
    • Mirage M2000C
    • F-5E Tiger
    • UH-1 Huey
    • Mi-8
    • Gazelle
    • Ka-50 Black Shark
    • F-86
    • MiG-15
    • Other (Please Specify)

Before commenting things like "the MiG is awful in multiplayer cause it gets blown out of the water by Gen IV fighters" bear in mind that there are popular servers restricting the generation (For example, the Cold War server only supports MiG 21s and F-5Es for main fighter aircraft)

Title pretty much sums it up. What's your favorite, and why?

EDIT 2-23-18

Question #2: I really want to get in on those Cold War servers with a fighter, so F-5E or MiG-21bis?

Question #3: Will the Mirage even be worth the money with the F-18 coming out soon?

Edited by Wahoo12

Now if there is a champion of bias, let it be me.

The A-10C in multiplayer really comes alive for me because of it's datalink capabilities.

It's just so easy to be lazy! Find a target, send it to -2, kick your feet up and watch somebody else blow it up for you.

Jokes aside. The sheer poundage of ordnance a flight of pigs can deliver boggles my mind sometimes. It's tons of fun to get a flight of A-10s low over a target area, running gun passes in trail.

Add a player JTAC in a danger close situation on the ground, and you'll have one of the best and most immersive experiences you can get from DCS.

Edited by Kippy

Harrier is... useless :music_whistling::thumbup::megalol:

here comes the hate :helpsmilie: I can give my reasoning as well, but i am pretty sure no one will listen to it.

there are a lot of good modules out there. It depends on what do you want to do.

Helicopters can be awesome, as they have a vital role in transporting. The huey is legendary, but with its current EGT limites, I believe that the Mi-8 is a more capable helicopter, more powerful and thus enjoyable.

If you wanna blow stuff up and fly a helicopter the Ka-50 can be extremely dangerous.... tho it might be hard to understand at first (or forever in my case)

The F-5 is a really cool, small, light, simple and easy jet to fly. Very enjoyable. A lot of BFM goes with it, which is always fun. It can do some multi-role if you team up with other people.

The MiG-15 can be enjoyable, but compared to the upgraded sabre we have, it lacks performance. If you are a hardcore BFM pilot, this won't stop you.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Viggen and surely it is a well made module (as it is from Heatblur), but for me it just doesn't seem to fit the DCS scene much. It definitely has advantages, but sometimes it just seems too much work for nothing.

A lot of mixed stories I've heard about the Mirage.... Seems like a good plane, but not so well done.... I guess RAZBAM tend to have a buggy modules reputation, but I don't own it, so don't quote me on that.

The MiG-21 is a legend as well, but I believe that after some internal drama with the 3rd party it has been left a bit behind and developed some issues. From what I've heard it used to be a solid, enjoyable module, not so much now. Although, the recent activities of the developer bring hope to return it to former glory.

It really depends as well, on which side of the wall do you want to be

The A-10 is a good, capable aircraft, can be very rewarding. Don't get scared by people saying it is too hard.... it is not.

I base my module purchasing decision on the time frame (era of the aircraft) and its capabilities, after all at the end of the day you only fly a single module at a time, so I prefer to be the most efficient at which ever task you want to accomplish. If you have spare money and a lot of free time you can get em all and enjoy them as you see ^.^

Last night in the A-10C, I flew over 110nm to the AO, cleared the last units there, cleared all the SAMs and some AAA on the next objective, laser spotted for Harriers and gunned the last target in that AO as well. All this with a 60% fuel start. A harrier can never do that. Yeah, it might have taken me twice the time to get there compared to a harrier, but so what, if all I can do in a harrier is shoot 4 mavericks (2 of them hit a tree xD) and go home, because I am out of fuel (good thing there are FARPs and tankers near by or you would have never made it with a Harrier)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I've heard a lot of good things about the Viggen and surely it is a well made module (as it is from Heatblur), but for me it just doesn't seem to fit the DCS scene much. It definitely has advantages, but sometimes it just seems too much work for nothing.

I think there's a place for a three ship Viggen strike on an important strategic target that softens it up for an assault by Ka-50s and Hueys carrying infantry.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

I enjoy the gunfighters, props and jets. F-86/Mig 15/P51/Bf109. I do wish the F86/Mig15 were better matched historically and there were a more complete set of WWII models.

F5E is fun to fly

I haven't gotten the Mig21 out the barn yet.

A10C is like watching paint dry except for gun runs and that gets old quickly.

I don't own any other fully developed modules. I was going to buy the Huey but decided to hold off on trying Helicopters.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Harrier is... useless

....RAAAAAGE!!!!!

i read it, but the question was, "enjoyment" not "effectivity" :)

i personaly find the a10 unbelievable boring, even tho its an effective "clear shit up machine"

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

At the end of the day it is each to their own... there will always be a dispute when this questions is asked. OP really has to decide for himself.

And to the people who say that a-10 is boring I am willing to bet that you are not even utilizing half (or more) of the features of the plane (HOTAS,CAT III ILS Landings, the Navigational System, Buddy Lasing, ect.). Pretty sure that you are not even using any of the tactics or advantages of the plane.

In the harrier you are doing exactly the same, with inferior controls/sensors. Hell, might as well load 4 Mavs (1150 guns) on the Hawg with 40%(or even less) fuel and do 350kt + and just go in shoot 4 Mavs and go back. Same kill box missions with static bunched up targets in MP.

DCS mission designs don't really let the A-10 use its full potential and complete the task which was made for, which is CAS. Guess, joining a tactical squadron does really help with the custom missions they do.

At the end of the day you killed the same 4 target with the same weapons, but wait you have even more on the Hawg, so you can quickly and effectively blow more shit up... more fun for less fuel. Because some people are too lazy to learn how systems work, and just want to remember to click to buttons and it works mindlessly, it is not the plane's fault

'Shadow'

At the end of the day it is each to their own... there will always be a dispute when this questions is asked. OP really has to decide for himself.

And to the people who say that a-10 is boring I am willing to bet that you are not even utilizing half (or more) of the features of the plane (HOTAS,CAT III ILS Landings, the Navigational System, Buddy Lasing, ect.). Pretty sure that you are not even using any of the tactics or advantages of the plane.

In the harrier you are doing exactly the same, with inferior controls/sensors. Hell, might as well load 4 Mavs (1150 guns) on the Hawg with 40%(or even less) fuel and do 350kt + and just go in shoot 4 Mavs and go back. Same kill box missions with static bunched up targets in MP.

DCS mission designs don't really let the A-10 use its full potential and complete the task which was made for, which is CAS. Guess, joining a tactical squadron does really help with the custom missions they do.

At the end of the day you killed the same 4 target with the same weapons, but wait you have even more on the Hawg, so you can quickly and effectively blow more shit up... more fun for less fuel. Because some people are too lazy to learn how systems work, and just want to remember to click to buttons and it works mindlessly, it is not the plane's fault

Amen. I forget half of what I used to know on the A10C, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

not understanding wtf r u talking about. Decide what?? he asked a question know what do you think, no what do you think he has to think...

thats why he is making a poll in wich it says "What's your favorite in multiplayer?" The poll is too deep for you i guess.

Edited by shonist
Adding salty comments at the end.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

not understanding wtf r u talking about. Decide what?? he asked a question know what do you think, no what do you think he has to think...

thats why he is making a poll in wich it says "What's your favorite in multiplayer?" The poll is too deep for you i guess.

lol :megalol:

I guess we all find the same things enjoyable, can't believe I was too "basic" to understand that :thumbup:

Thank you, sir !:smartass:

'Shadow'

Regarding the Mig15~Sabre matchup, I've been watching a lot of vids on youtube where they're said to be very evenly matched, with their pros and cons leaving it down mainly to the abilities of the pilots to decide the outcomes rather than one having a better plane than the other. But all the vids I've watched were made in 2015 and I see in a couple of posts above comments about the Sabre having been 'buffed'. Is it no longer such an even matchup?

It is indeed very evenly matched, but the MiGs have to work a lot harder for it, they just have some limitations which the Sabre doesn't have, and that can be taken as an advantage

Can you give more detail please? The older descriptions were the Mig can climb like a bat and pick up speed very fast in a dive, has formidable guns. The Sabre can turn tighter and has a radar gunsight. :)

Can you give more detail please? The older descriptions were the Mig can climb like a bat and pick up speed very fast in a dive, has formidable guns. The Sabre can turn tighter and has a radar gunsight. :)

well theres a lot of bullshit out there

anyone who's actually flown the mig-15 against a sabre knows the mig can't dive.

its not that it doesnt accelerate like a burning squirrel, its because its acceleration is wasted by a top speed limit. approaching transonic it loses pitch authority and inevitably initiates an uncommanded roll which if allowed to progress will accelerate the dive further until the aircraft is in an unrecoverable inverted dive into the ground.

you must be cautious when diving in the mig-15 which means throttling back and speedbraking

meanwhile sabres can just firewall it downhill thanks to the all flying tail. you will never catch a sabre if it wants to run away. 6-3 wing sabre is also not the "evenly matched" sabre, it's the "10:1" sabre that will catch the mig eventually even in the climb.

mig armament is also not a good fit for its capabilities, low velocity of the cannons means that the lead required for a tracking shot negates its marginal turning advantage.

doesnt matter how big your rounds are if you cant put them where you need them.

Edited by probad

didn't notice the CAS and strike were missing :)

the trainers i can understand, fun in multiplayer but not the best.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.